Voice control in English — TomTom Community

Voice control in English

Hi, I have a question, why can not I use voice control in English when the menu is in English? Go Professional 6200, thank you in advance.

Mod edit: Google translate

Comments

• SoringabrielSoringabriel Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 24
    Hi, I have a question, why can not I use voice control in English when the menu is in English? Go Professional 6200, thank you in advance.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,444 Superuser
    edited July 24
    Hi @Soringabriel

You need the English Computerised voices Serena and Malcolm for Voice control to work. Another benefit of those voices is if you select Read Aloud in Settings these voices provide more detailed navigation details than the Recorded voices do.

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can sort them out for you and add them to your account so you can download them.

Doug
    edited July 24
    Thanks for the advice, Doug! I'll ask Vikramk if he can send me because I can not find them in Shop!

edited July 24
    Hi @Soringabriel

@VikramK or @lampard will add the voices to your account and then you can download them to your when they are listed as available on your unit when you start it up.

Doug
    edited July 24
    I will try when I can connect tomtom to wifi, I hope to go! Anyway, thank you, Doug!

edited July 24
    Hi, Doug, one more question, I tried to prolong the traffic, because it was only a year, and it does not leave me, there's a lock on me when I want to finish!

Apare closed lock, Doug.
    edited July 24
    Hi @Soringabriel

I think someone else said they had a problem renewing their Taffic like you from Romania. I think @VikramK suggested that they tried to make the purchase using the Irish Website.

Go to the Tomtom Shop then scroll to bottom of the page and click on your country bottom right and select Ireland and hopefully it will change to the Irish Site.

You are testing Google Translate. =)=)

Doug
    edited July 24
    With the site in the UK I tried and did not go and now I put Ireland and I could finish! Thank you again Doug👍, now I'm waiting to see when I can download the voices of Serena and Malcolm😊 a flourish evening, greetings from Amsterdam!

edited July 23
    Next time I try in English 😁 Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,336 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Soringabriel

Welcome to the Community! I've added the Serena & Malcolm computer voice on your account. Please download it when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Cheers, lampard
    Hi, Multe mulțumiri! :) Lampard