No Maps found — TomTom Community

No Maps found

deedee78deedee78 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited July 23 in Map installation
HI, We brought our TomTom Start 25 back in 2016 and have only used it a handful of times. It gave us a message to say it needed a update which my husband did and no it just showed No Maps found! My husband has tried a number of times the recommendations from the website but it hasn't helped!!
Any idea how to resolve this as we brought it with the free lifetime maps option.
many thanks
Dee

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,211 Superuser
    Hi @deedee78

Hopefully @VikramK can sort this out as they are honouring the Lifetime offers for the map updates .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    @deedee78

Could you send me the serial number of the device through a private message?

Regards
    Vikram
  • deedee78deedee78 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram
    I've just PM'd you.
    Thanks
    Dee
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Dee

The subscription on the account look okay to me...

Could you please try few steps below:

# Open MyDrive Connect.

# Click on the My Content on the top of the screen

# Click on the corrupt map down arrow

# It will give you more options- Select uninstall

Once the process completes try to check for updates again.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

I've tried every day since the 15th to do what you said it just doesn't work! The sat nav just doesn't respond in anyway shape or form and the website doesn't want to work either! I'm going away in 2 weeks and really need this to be sorted or to have a replacement sent out.
    If you could come back to me to let me know where to go from here...
    Thanks
    Dee
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,211 Superuser
    Hi @deedee78

Just to check exactly what you have done.

Did you manage to select Uninstall the Map and did that work

The following will not work at the moment as the tomtom Servers appear to be down but hopefully will be up again soon.

Once you uninstalled it when you go back into MyDrive Connect and select My Content is there a map there for you to install. Have you tried to install it.

In MyDrive Connect can you click on the Cogwheel top right and select the downloads option and then select clear the Cache file listed. This is to ensue you are not trying to reload the corrupt file.

Doug

• Disavowed5Disavowed5 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug!
    Thanks Doug, I got it to connect and it said there was nothing to uninstall and no maps found. There's just nothing there!