Updating my Go 5000 — TomTom Community

Updating my Go 5000

Your software is rubbish. Each time I update it takes a day or so out of my life. This time due to your update my go5000 is bricked. It is your rubbish software causing the problem. Harmon for me

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,084 Superusers
    edited July 21
    Hi
    @Smudgeroony

The NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 9.13GB... Also the fact that the MapZones have now also exceed the 8GB of the NAV4 on-board Memory... This is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card
    The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless, a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

hqnp12sxjah5.jpg
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running
    Maybe on Monday @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to the account of your NAV4 GO 5000

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,084 Superusers
    Hi
    @Smudgeroony
    Your software is rubbish. Each time I update it takes a day or so out of my life. This time due to your update my go5000 is bricked. It is your rubbish software causing the problem. Harmon for me
    I read your post... Its not my experience of MyDrive Connect,
    Are you using a Laptop.. If 'Yes' is it hard-wired back to the router or over Wi-Fi

(1)... How Fast/Slow/Reliable is your Internet connection (Hard-wired)
    (2)... How Fast/Slow/Reliable is your Internet connection (Wi-Fi )

I'm using Virgin Media Fibre optic broadband hard-wired back to the router 110MB/s
    But over Wi-Fi its only 40MB/s (I never bother with the much slower Wi-Fi)

Full Europe Map (Hard-wired) takes around 50/55 Mins

ATB YFM