Double error: No maps / No card — TomTom Community

Double error: No maps / No card

alexcionalexcion Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello TomTom & Community,

0. few days ago, *while on the road and using it*, my TomTom 5000 stopped working with error "No Maps Available". I tried to update, but:

1. When connecting to MyDrive Connect, it showed "no card" - although a MicroSD was inside.

2. No maps can be installed on the device itself, because there is no space (map 8700 Mb > available space 6489 Mb).

3. I thought the MicroSD card could be a problem, so i just got a new one (quicker, new generation etc.) and had it formatted Ex-FAT, as guided by TomTom website. Of course it doesn't work.

4. Alternative solution from TomTom: format the card from the device itself. [Einstellungen > System > Speicherkarte formatieren und KARTE FORMATIEREN.] But i can't access *any* menu on the device - all i can see is the error message "No Maps Available - Reinstall a map you already own or go to the TomTom shop to buy a map."

5. ...Which brings me to Step 0.

Therefore: would you please guide me re. how to install the updated map on the microSD card?

Thanks and Cheers,
Alex

Answers

• alexcionalexcion Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    UPDATE: apparently today there are some smaller maps available (none available 2-3 days ago), so:
    --> i installed Europa Östlicher Ausschnitt;
    --> i finally got access to device menu;
    --> tried to reset via device;
    --> error: "Cannot format memory card. Please format the memory card using your computer."

...BUT I HAVE ALREADY FORMATTED THE CARD VIA COMPUTER, AS GUIDED BY TOMTOM, AND THE GO5000 STILL DOESN'T SEE IT.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,682
    Superusers
    Hi
    Have you formatted the SD Card in slow Modus to FAT32 in your PC?uw3c0a10tbep.jpg
    If a check mark is set remove it
    edited July 2019
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Hi
    Have you formatted the SD Card in slow Modus to FAT32 in your PC?
    If a check mark is set remove it

Hello Lochfrass, I formated on a Mac, 100% as guided by TomTom (Ex-FAT, slowest mode).

Before you ask :) FAT32 for microSD is not an option on Mac; but TomTom gives the alternative option of Ex-FAT.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,682
    Superusers
    Ah ok.

BTW: Here you have posted in the german part of the TomTom Forum.
    You can scroll down on this Side and change the Flag to the English Flag and then you can post in the English Part of the TomTom Forum.
    There are Users around the World. Perhaps some Users have there a good idea?
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussions
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Ah ok.

BTW: Here you have posted in the german part of the TomTom Forum.
    You can scroll down on this Side and change the Flag to the English Flag and then you can post in the English Part of the TomTom Forum.
    There are Users around the World. Perhaps some Users have there a good idea?
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussions

super, vielen dank! :) i posted in German forum because my TomTom is Austria-registered, but i will also try on the global forum.