How name marked location on tomtom rider 550? — TomTom Community

How name marked location on tomtom rider 550?

motifmotif Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
I just marked spot that was not on the map and it was saved to my places as "marked".
Ho do I rename it to know later what it is???

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,489
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @motif

As Doug says to Convert a Marked location to a MyPlace

Further to Doug's post... Maybe useful....
    Note the images are from a Tomtom NAV4/5 Car Satnav

Tapping the Direction of travel pointer (Above the + & - signs)

0lk1r8wc2qzv.png
    Toggles the map view between the Driving & Planning views
    If you are using the North-up overview planning Map
    The direction of travel pointer... is flatter more squat

e3rpb60l5sv0.jpg

If you want to save your present location to 'MyPlaces'....

(1)... Switch to the North-up overview planning Map
    Long Tap on the Chevron Location cursor (Tap and hold for + 1 second) a Quick menu opens... Tap the 3Dot Icon Tap 'Add to MyPlaces'

(2)... Switch to the North-up overview planning Map
    Long Tap anywhere on the screen (Tap and hold for + 1 second) a Quick menu opens... Tap the 3Dot Icon Tap 'Add to MyPlaces'

Note... Long and short taps give different menu option

ATB YFM
  • motifmotif Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
    edited July 2019
    thanks, appears to be easy - press the market location in myplaces which opens the map and 3 dots bring menu add to my places which gives option to rename it. A bit confusing because this location is already in my places just with marked name, so you technically adding to my places second time.
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @motif
    motif wrote: »
    thanks, appears to be easy - press the market location in myplaces which opens the map and 3 dots bring menu add to my places which gives option to rename it. A bit confusing because this location is already in my places just with marked name, so you technically adding to my places second time.
    A 'Marked location' is not in the list of MyPlaces... Its in a Sub menu called 'Marked locations' at the bottom of the Myplaces list

ATB YFM
  • motifmotif Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @motif
    motif wrote: »
    A 'Marked location' is not in the list of MyPlaces... Its in a Sub menu called 'Marked locations' at the bottom of the Myplaces list

ATB YFM

that is incorrect - marked location on 550 rider is on myplaces.
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @motif

Sorry but you are incorrect... My Rider 550's, MyPlaces list

The Sub Menu called 'Recent destinations' is at the top of the Myplaces list
    k3gzcdni6af5.jpg
    The Sub menu called 'Marked locations' is at the bottom of the Myplaces list
    jr2dxmqnyl1m.jpg
    Tap on the 'Marked locations' Sub menu --> A new screen opens and displays the list of 'Marked locations'....
    I Marked a random location at 11:36 today
    a9r357qn98w9.jpg
    Tap on 'Today 11:36 am' --> The Planning Map opens with a Quick Menu displayed... Tap on 'Add to MyPlaces' --> Edit or accept the Name offered --> Tap 'Add'

ATB YFM