Tyre 7 Issue with the software on Windows OS — TomTom Community

Tyre 7 Issue with the software on Windows OS

CozzaCozza Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited July 2019 in RIDER
My tyre 7 which I use to plan routes will not run it just keeps opening windows saying access denied all the time, I cant access ant menus as the system is busy opening more windows saying access denied.
Any ideas anyone?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,238 Moderator
    Hi Cozza

Welcome to the community!

I think this is an issue with the Tyre software and queries relating can be better answered by the Tyre Support.

Here is a link: http://www.tyretotravel.com/help/

Regards
    Vikram
  • CozzaCozza Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hmmmm I got a bit impatent and decided that I would uninstall Tyre Pro 7 and reinstall it , this didn't go well.
    When you reinstall Tyre you now have to get a google maps API, don't get me wrong but if I'm told something is free why do they need my credit card details.
    I'm really not comfortable doing this, is there ant other option. Anyone?
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I am afraid they were requiring the API key some versions ago, just before dropping Google maps engine in 7.x version.

I got my key back then, and it was just free, not requiring any payment details. Sadly that is not an option anymore.
    I'd suggest using a credit card about to expire to fill the info or, if your bank has free replacements, just using your current one and cancelling it right after. I also won't trust Google to share with them any credit card data.

BTW, I updated to 8.0 version today, hoping to have back the Maps engine (as the Openmaps had massive flaws in the Alps area), and it just doesn't work. Google Maps runs on some kind of "unlicensed" mode even having a working key (tested in other sites), and I can't create any route. I am not opening a ticket with Tyre support, as the few previous ones I created reporting problems in Alps routes were just dismissed with an automatic answer.

I moved some time ago to Mydrive for planning and saving my trips. Sadly it doesn't export itn, so I have to create the itineraries in the device manually, which was not that bad using the "remote operation" from Tomtom Home, but sadly today that is broken too with the last update with the WRNO fix.
    Are TomTom saying anything about this?
    I don't think it's quite rights this was a lifetime offer, I didn't realise that meant the lifetime of the software.......
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    As far as I know, there is only lifetime support for map upgrades. Which are working (besides the problem with the 4Gb).

Lifetime, anyway, is a broad concept that on paper is limited to the lifespan of the device, which is described as "while being covered by Tomtom support". So they can drop it anytime, as has happened to some very old devices.

It is a shame that they haven't had the courtesy to enable Mydrive to export itn for us. I really llike it.
    Hmmmm very disappointing never the less, thank you for your interaction.
    Have a good weekend.