Rider 4GD00 WNRO Fix Incoming?

tbone.sullivantbone.sullivan Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
edited July 4 in RIDER
I haven't been using my GPS much this riding season, so I was somewhat caught off guard by the email from TomTom on June 30th telling me:

"Due to the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) that occurred on 6 April 2019, your TomTom Rider will continue to navigate, but will not be able to show the correct time and estimated time of arrival (ETA).

We are working to see if an update is possible and will contact you when there is news"

Does anyone know if they even plan to put out a fix for the 400? It's 4 years old, and I definitely planned to have it last longer than that when I paid full price for it, hard wired it to my battery, etc.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• tiljestiljes Posts: 186 [Revered Navigator]
    Probably not. It's not really in TomTom's hands. I made a workaround that you can find on rima-lock.com.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,772 Superusers
    HI
    @tbone.sullivan
    (Snip)Does anyone know if they even plan to put out a fix for the 400? It's 4 years old, and I definitely planned to have it last longer than that when I paid full price for it, hard wired it to my battery, etc.
    Do you mean the Rider 400 ??? the Rider 400 is fine, it's a NAV4 device and is not affected by the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) bug

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    @tbone.sullivan Do you mean the Rider 400 ??? the Rider 400 is fine, it's a NAV4 device and is not affected by the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) bug

ATB YFM
    Yeah, I screwed up. I have the rider 4GD00, which I have heard some call the Rider V3 or V4. Not the 400, which is not affected apparently.

• tbone.sullivantbone.sullivan Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Well, just started updating my TomTom, and I see the new application. Awesome!
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    After updating the device asked for permission to record use data. Is there a way to change that later? I'm unable to locate the setting anywhere in the config
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When I try now to use "operate my Tomtom RIDER" in Home 2 I get this message:

28s66af.png

I use Windows 10 pro x64, and it was working nicely until the 9.501 update

Please fix this... Tyre Pro is massively broken since the last update 8.8 and doesn't work anymore, and Mydrive doesn't allow to send routes to our Rider in ITN, neither the website nor the Android app, so I do every single one of my trips in the device, and the easiest way to work with it for long trips is using the remote operation. Is way way faster than typing and clicking destinations in the tiny resistive screen.