Lost data charging during activity — TomTom Community

Lost data charging during activity

2-tall2-tall Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited July 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I was tracking a long hike activity and whilst at a rest stop I charged the watch from a power pack without ending the activity first. The watch stopped the activity and I then restarted it, but doesn't seem to have saved any data from before the charge as it hasn't sync'ed it (everything afterwards has sync'ed).
Is there any way to recover the data from the watch?

Best Answers

• 2-tall2-tall Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately there is only one ttbin file for that day with the time of the restarted activity, so it looks like the data from before the charge has been lost.
    A lesson learned for me that you must stop an activity before charging. Is there a way to request a firmware fix for this to automatically end & save a current activity when the charge state changes?

Answers

• 2-tall2-tall Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately there is only one ttbin file for that day with the time of the restarted activity, so it looks like the data from before the charge has been lost.
    A lesson learned for me that you must stop an activity before charging. Is there a way to request a firmware fix for this to automatically end & save a current activity when the charge state changes?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,396
    Superusers
    2-tall wrote: »

No there is not. TomTom Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all production and development. The watches have not been updated in well over a year and will never be updated again, they are dead products.