Family Sharing on GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

Family Sharing on GO Navigation App

HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 35 [Master Explorer]
I signed in and purchased this app on my iPhone with my "MyDrive" username and password.

How does my wife sign in? We tried her "MyDrive" creds but that doesn't work.

Does she have to use my info and share my "MyDrive" account?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 35 [Master Explorer]
    OK, no answer ... how about this:

Is this app actually shareable?

When my wife tries to log in using my user/pass it says there is no subscription associated with this account, though I am signed in to it fine on my phone.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,122
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Herbaldew

Have you set up family Share indicating the up to 5 people you consider in the family?

Doug
    Thanks for the input. Yes - all set up and the previous app worked for us both.

Since that above post, I have chatted with TomTom and Apple support.

The app can be shared but not the subscription. That is not only dumb IMO but listing as a family sharable app is near to false advertising. You can family share a free app? Really?

The only thing this app does for free is ask you to either sign in or pay for a subscription - I think Apple should remove the family sharing designation so it doesn't appear that your family share members can actually use the app without paying for an additional subscription.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,703 Moderator
    Hi there,

Apple recently announced that App Store subscriptions (like GO Navigation subscriptions) can be shared in Family Sharing groups with iOS 14. We wanted to let you know that we plan to implement this functionality as soon as iOS 14 is available. For more information please visit https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14-preview/features/

Regards, lampard
    edited June 2020
    i2h8h4btx9wn.jpg
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 161 [Revered Navigator]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Apple recently announced that App Store subscriptions (like GO Navigation subscriptions) can be shared in Family Sharing groups with iOS 14. We wanted to let you know that we plan to implement this functionality as soon as iOS 14 is available. For more information please visit https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14-preview/features/

Regards, lampard

Nice, very nice!! B)
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Regards, lampard

Hi, @lampard, what about family sharing on android?
    @ckkoen I think you could/would better post this in the topic for Android.
  • rockin-johnrockin-john Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    ios14 has now been released, the main family sharing holder has an iphone 11 with ios 14, tomtom go installed with subscription.
    I cannot share as described, my phone is iphone 6 ios12.
    Please explain why ?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,122
    Superuser
    Hi @rockin-john

Because Tomtom have not yet released a version of the App that facilitates Family Sharing. They have indicated their intention to do so in due course but have not advised when.

Doug
    @rockin-john Unfortunately it is very quiet on the side of TomTom..... We are still waiting for the next update in which this and other issues should/could/would have been solved.
  • DalekwilkinsDalekwilkins Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I have found you can ‘family share’, but you have to do this. The ‘family share’ on the app owners iPhone has to be set up for the family members iphone (you cannot mix phone platforms). Under settings on the family members iphone open TT Go. Go to Menu, settings, , Tom Tom account, make sure that is the ID / email of the subscription owner. Go back to setting page and tap subscriptions and tap restore. Enter your details and password.
    If, and it’s happened to me twice, it doesn’t activate. Contact Tom Tom supports ‘Live Chat’. Explain the issue and send, via their link, the screen shot of your Apple receipt from your Apple email confirming payment or order number. They reset/reactivate your subscription. I do this so I can plan routes on larger iPad and edit photos laces etc in conjunction with MyDrive. It’s a pity I can’t export planned routes on MyDrive to IPhones TT Go.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

Tholm
Tholm