New TomTom GO Navigation app 2.0.1 available for iOS

lampardlampard Posts: 4,012 TomTom Moderator
Hi All,

We have just released version 2.0.1 of the TomTom GO Navigation app.

What’s New in v2.0.1:
  • Log in to retrieve and continue with your existing GO Mobile subscription (i.e. for users that got wrongly migrated as freemium)
  • Bug fixes for map downloads (i.e. 10160 error)
  • Improved app support for navigation instructions as well as podcast and audiobook playback (i.e. long awaited feature to interrupt podcasts while instructions are being played)
Thanks, lampard
Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Comments

• BydandieBydandie Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Can I ask if anyone isn trying to fix the issue with the speed limit of average speed zones not showing in the CarPlay interface? That alone is making the app unusable and I have fed back :(
  • loekfloekf Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Still issues:

- When in carplay mode, when you quit the app (happened during update as well) and return it seems stuck in position, it doesn't update the position. Only solution is to set a new destination and the "freeze" is stopped.
    - Where is MyDrive support ?
    - Please add current speed to the carplay UI
    - Carplay as well: please add an indicator THERE IS a delay on the route. If you don't pay attention to the iPhone screen, you only see the traffic jam on your route until you are in it. Example: print the delay, or print the estimated time to arrival in orange.
    Bydandie wrote: »
    Can I ask if anyone isn trying to fix the issue with the speed limit of average speed zones not showing in the CarPlay interface? That alone is making the app unusable and I have fed back :(

On the other hand, I noticed while driving on the A2 between Amsterdam and Utrecht last saturday, that the TomTom app now knows that after 19:00 the equipment measuring your average speed (should be 100 KM/H during day time) is off and the max speed is 130 KM/H. Agree would be nice if it shows the average speed when there are speed traps.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    Hi @loekf

It appears that the problems are largely down to Apple as the App on the phone looks much like a PND unit with the Route bar and all the usual icons etc. Apple apparently letdown Templates that must be used for CarPlay apps and these dictates how the App is displayed and what can be displayed on it.

Tomtom have said that they are trying to work out the best way to provide the same information as you currently get in the route bar.

Also re My Drive this works normally in the Android Mobile App on my Tablet whereto can see your list of My Places and POI files that you have in your Account. Also id you creat a route it can be sent to the Android App. The MyDrive does not do as much in the IOS app. It shows the My Places but not the POI files and you cannot send the route to the App although in the IOS app of My Drive you can create a route and send it to your units but not the app. So clearly it would seem if they could Tomtom would offer the same facilities in the Apple app as the do in the Android app.

There are rumours that Apple may be introducing more CarPlay options in the next update. Lets hope things are sorted out and Apple help us get what we are looking for.

Doug
    @Doug: still Sygic manages to show a delay in the Carplay UI (the time to arrival is show in orange iso white). Both Sygic and Flitsmeister shows the current speed, next to the max speed. So it is possible to be creative with the Carplay UI guidelines.

I hope iOS13 improves things. All I've seen so far though are 1) more aspect ratios and resolutions, 2) music/audiobook app next to navigation, 3) ability to show the navigation on the dashboard display next to headunit display (console display).
    If someone at TomTom reads this:

>> Bug fixes for map downloads (i.e. 10160 error)

The app crashes if you start the update of many maps at the same time. It crashes if you open the Map menu / selection while downloads are ongoing. The downloads are still going on after a restart and if you don't open the menu. If you do => crash.

One by one is ok.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    edited July 19
    Hi @loekf

Did not have that problem when asking it to download more than one map at a time but will bear that in mind Thank you .

By the way you mentioned Sygic shows a delay, well it did not advise me what the delay would be if I followed its recommendation when it directed me into a Gated Field. =) =)

Doug
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @loekf

Thanks for this:
    loekf wrote: »
    The app crashes if you start the update of many maps at the same time ... One by one is ok.
    Yes, I had this problem as well, in fact, I think I had the app crash three times whilst downloading multiple maps. I didn't think to download just one map at a time.

However, doing just one map download at a time will be a major PITA as I have a lot of maps! :'(

Regards,
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,012 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there everyone,

This is already been reported to the product team as updating multiple maps at a time crashes the app. For the time being, please update the map one by one and I'll post back here once there's an update.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• PalfermanPalferman Posts: 101 [Supreme Navigator]
    Just followed your advice. Even updating one by one causes crashes. 5 or 6 crashes in 29 update. App reloaded without any problems but it’s a bit of a pain.
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 41 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I’m new to the app having binned a Rider 550 due to Bluetooth issues. Was hoping My Routes would be in the next update though, as this works brilliantly in the MyDrive app. Any ideas as to when we get it? It’s in the Android app so why not Apple?
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @smudger64
    smudger64 wrote: »
    Was hoping My Routes would be in the next update though, as this works brilliantly in the MyDrive app.
    I first had a TomTom SatNav in 2003 (i.e. 16 years ago) and regularly updated every year or so until TomTom decided that it would be a good idea to dumb down their products by discontinuing many useful features. I moved over to iOS TomTom in 2014 and iOS GO in 2016.

As you can see, I've not had any TomTom product with MyRoutes but I can certainly see the appeal and usefulness of MyRoutes.
    Any ideas as to when we get it? It’s in the Android app so why not Apple?
    Probably never. As the current GO range of TomTom's PNDs, Android, and iOS SatNav products all use the NavKit engine (which is why they all have a similar look) and all products with the exception of GO iOS already have MyDrive then I suspect that there is a problem with iOS that is stopping TomTom from porting over MyDrive to iOS. I'm pretty sure that this is the reason because why would TomTom not add MyDrive to GO iOS when it was first released back in 2016?

Regards,

• smudger64smudger64 Posts: 41 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi @smudger64
    Was hoping My Routes would be in the next update though, as this works brilliantly in the MyDrive app.
    I first had a TomTom SatNav in 2003 (i.e. 16 years ago) and regularly updated every year or so until TomTom decided that it would be a good idea to dumb down their products by discontinuing many useful features. I moved over to iOS TomTom in 2014 and iOS GO in 2016.

As you can see, I've not had any TomTom product with MyRoutes but I can certainly see the appeal and usefulness of MyRoutes.
    Any ideas as to when we get it? It’s in the Android app so why not Apple?
    Probably never. As the current GO range of TomTom's PNDs, Android, and iOS SatNav products all use the NavKit engine (which is why they all have a similar look) and all products with the exception of GO iOS already have MyDrive then I suspect that there is a problem with iOS that is stopping TomTom from porting over MyDrive to iOS. I'm pretty sure that this is the reason because why would TomTom not add MyDrive to GO iOS when it was first released back in 2016?

Regards,

I think you’re right in that it’s related to Apple products. It would be nice to hear that from Tomtom so we know it’s not something you’re ever going to get though.
    It would also be nice to know exactly what the issue is as on the face of it , there shouldn’t be any problems after all the MyDrive app works perfectly.
  • jmisjmis Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    2.0.1 finally brings HFP. Just tried it again with the car (which doesn't have music over BT, only HFP), and it pauses the radio and plays the voice announcements as calls. The release notes only mention podcasts and the like, but they actually implemented HFP!
  • ArieHArieH Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Even this update doesn’t solve the many bugs. Please give us back Go Mobile instead of a buggy Go navigation!
    Me (iPhone 6) and my girlfriend (iPhone 8) experience a lot of weird navigation errors:
    8q1f678kylah.jpeg
    (Zoetermeer)
    44rmmx9520xf.jpeg
    (Ridderkerk)
    At the roundabout Berenkuil in Utrecht TT always wants me to do a 360 instead of take a right and if I pass Hank (A27) or Rozenburg (A4) TT wants me to drive parallel to the highway, congestion or not... madness!
    This way I missed several exits.

Another point is that I very often drive a route of 45 minutes without congestion. TT says 65 minutes. 2 obvious competitors say 45 min. After driving 20 minutes TT finally agrees with its competitors.
    Last point is that TT shuts down after checking my mail, WhatsApp or my calendar. Starting it up costs 30 expensive seconds (with many exits).
    Go Mobile was close to perfect. Go Navigation should still be in beta phase!!!
  • RoelVanDijkRoelVanDijk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Tried version 2.0.1 on a iPhone X and medianav but no HFP. Only on BT.
  • Roman GusevRoman Gusev Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear developers!
    Explain, please, why the Russian Apstore is missing an application? Will it appear in the near future? I really hope that I can use your application in the future! Please don't disappoint me!