Map of Georgia/Russia — TomTom Community

Map of Georgia/Russia

Leemx16Leemx16 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 31 in Map purchasing
I have TOMTOM GO 6100 including Free maps for Lifetime. I assume that I can download all maps of the world "for free", is this correct ?
If correct:
I cannot find Map of Georgia/Russia between the "free" maps do download, only under the maps that need to be paid for.
How can I access Russia map without having to pay for it ?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,579 Superuser
    @Leemx16

Contact Customer Services to arrange a suitable map download

CS Nederland (Holland)
    020 850 1007
    Maandag t/m vrijdag van 9.00 tot 18.00
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    A map of Georgia does not exist.

46aadd49-4750-45ce-a2b8-1aa50ad63b7d.jpg
  • CsiemsCsiems Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have exactly the same question!
    I know it's not in the map shown here - BUT Georgia is in the list of featured countries
    Here's from the listing:

Gabon 38%
    Georgia
    Germany
    Ghana 22%
    Gibraltar
    Greece
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,152 Superusers
    For increasing the amount of country covered, Tomtom annonce each USA state like a country! Georgia is not the european country but the state of USA.
  • CsiemsCsiems Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok - Thanks....
    So no possibilities to get the maps of the former russian Georgia??
  • TimofeyTimofey Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am going by moto from Moskow to Georgia. I have to use other device, that is problem for travellers.
  • IgorGGIgorGG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Why does they have possibility to plan route in my drive and then export to the gps if gps cannot support it?

it's the stupidest thing they did, f*cking tom tom
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,319 Superuser

My Drive is a facility for all Tomtom users with the Tomtom units that work with it.

Seems very odd you would think that creating a route for use on your Tomtom when it doesn't have the necessary map on it is Tomtom's fault.

Doug
  • IgorGGIgorGG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 14
    What tomtom unit can work in Republic of Georgia ? can you enlighten me.
    And do you find little bit odd that for Tomtom rider 550 that is around 450 euro they dont have maps of Georgia but for some other devices ( as you claiming ) they do?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,319 Superuser
    Hi @IgorGG

I have been told by someone at Tomtom that there is no map of Georgia that works on the current units and they will sort out that the World Map in the Shop says Georgia.is included in the Map. I have a GO5200 and cannot find any of the maps including Georgia.

Interestingly the IOS GO Navigation App which has recently been issued includes a map for Georgia that you can download for use in the App. They are aware of this.

I have also pointed out you can create a route in MyDrive involving Georgia however that may be because it may work with the Android App although it doesn't currently work with the IOS App.

Doug