Can't update or add lifetime maps on TomTom GO Camper — TomTom Community

Can't update or add lifetime maps on TomTom GO Camper

PertoPerto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited July 2019 in Map installation
I have a TomTom GO Camper with lifetime updates. Installed maps are Europe Camper V1005.8792 (17 months old released 01/18)

When i connect to updates by Wi-Fi on device, he says "your device is up to date", by MyDrive Connect i can't update, MyDrive Connect says "Get the latest updates directly on your device. No computer needed! Your device has built-in Wi-Fi which makes it extremely easy to download the latest software and maps..".

I have the latest application version 19.101.0014.411 (19/04/2019).

I have free space 4.69 GB in internal memory and 31,93 GB in memory card.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,116
    Superusers
    Hi

I think you must call support.
    Latvija [in English only]
    800 034 46
    Monday-Friday:11:00-19:00

For other Phone Numbers see here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support/p1

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,590
    Superuser
    Hi @Perto

Looks like you account may need sorting. Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will see this soon and sort your account out as necessary.

If you Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Wifi
    Tap your Wifi name

On the left hand side you should see the connection strength values. what are they.

Doug
  • PertoPerto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wifi strength value - device says: great
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,590
    Superuser
    Hi @Perto

If that shows that the strength is good then you should not need the PC at all and just do everything on the unit itself. By the way when you connect it to the PC it only uses it as a Wifi / Internet source as you do all the managing using the menus on the GO Camper.

One way to look at the need for a PC when updating is if you have health problems you may not be able to have Wifi in your home. Therefore all your PC's have too be hardwired to the Internet which the GO Camper cannot be. So you connect to a PC to get the signal.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,569 Moderator
    Hi @Perto

Please do a soft reset and the map should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
  • PertoPerto Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK

Thanks to you first, after soft reset, I updated the map via Wi-Fi.