Need help. How to fix No Map Available message? — TomTom Community

Need help. How to fix No Map Available message?

Duwo25Duwo25 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Yesterday I got my brand new Rider 550. Initially I connected the device to the WiFi, but that didn't seem to be stable enough to do any updates. However, every time the Rider restarted, it tried to continue the update. I thought it would be best to connect it via USB instead, so I aborted the update. It seems this was a very bad idea. Now all I get is a message "No map available" and I can't do much else. I've read all the support articles related to this, but none seem to help in my case. Usually they point out that you should get the option to download the map again, but that's is not the case for me. In MyDrive Connect I also don't get many options.
When I click on "add a map" on the Rider, I get a message "Nothing to see? You can buy more maps on tomtom.com/maps."

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,214 Superuser
    HI @Duwo25

Your last statement re "you can buy maps" suggests that your account may need sorting so that the Full List of maps you should have. is available to you as you should not need to buy any maps

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can review your account on Monday and sort it if necessary as well as ensure you have a map available to sort your unit out. Here is a video for the No Maps situation on Wifi units.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1041654/no-maps-available-wi-fi-devices#latest

You can also contact Customer support to sort you problem and account out.

027 007 272
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Duwo25

Could you send me the serial number of your RIDER through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • Duwo25Duwo25 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

I've sent you the serial number in a private message.

Kind regards,
    Wouter
    Thanks!

I have asked our 2nd Line Team to make some changes in the back end.

Just do a soft reset and check for updates again(adding a new map).

Please ensure that you use a stable and a strong WiFi internet connection when installing updates.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi Vikram,
    Will I get a message when the 2nd Line Team has made the changes? I just restarted the device and MyDrive Connect. So far, I can't see any differences compared to before.

Kind regards,

Wouter
    Hi Wouter

From what I can see, the jobs which the team created have been processed.

When you try adding a map what exactly happens?

Regards
    Vikram
    edited July 15
    The same as before...
    I don't even get the option to select a map to download. All I get is "No map available. You need to add at least one map before you can use your device." and a button "Add a map".
    When I tap the button, a new screen appears with the title "Add a map". Below there a text with Available space and a text "Nothing to show? You can buy more maps at tomtom.com/maps."
    No difference whether I use a WiFi or a USB connection.
    By the way, the text are freely translated from Dutch, since that's what my device is set up in.
    g49wcbawwxdc.jpg
    c7o38cf5lvdn.jpg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,214 Superuser
    Hi @VikramK

Seems he gets the screen with the available space on the unit but no list of maps he can get it to load.

Doug
    @DougLap That's the case indeed.
    Hi Vikram,

This time it seems to work. I was able to select and download a map and other updates.
    Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Wouter