Request for adding a smaller map due to a SDCard failure. - Page 11 — TomTom Community

Request for adding a smaller map due to a SDCard failure.

Answers

• fightclubfightclub Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Unfortunately got the same issue stuck in the no maps available screen prompt so cant format new sd card loop!!
    Could someone add a small map to my account so I can install on internal memory?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,229 TomTom Moderator
    edited July 8
    @bertdendekker @fightclub @PHIL0747 @BVGUZMAN

Smaller map added.

When you connect the device to MyDrive Connect. It should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
  • PHIL0747PHIL0747 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited July 9
    Hi

The link sent by VikramK in answer to my question (see below) returns
    Comment not found.
    The comment you were looking for could not be found.

Can you advise

Thanks

I was prompted to update maps, but this failed several times, and left me with a corrupted map
    My GO 500 now refuses to recognise any sd card and I can't access the menu to (perhaps ) force format of the SD Card

My GO 500 now shows no maps available

I don't have enough space on the GO to install the smallest Europe map despite removing everything I can.Are you able to assign a small map for me so that I can get the GO working normally to then be able to format the new SD card?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,427 Superuser
    edited July 8
    Hi @PHIL0747

All requests for small maps are grouped in a common topic, the red banner at the top of all the pages of the forum:
    Your question is here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1657866/#Comment_1657866

Vikram's answer here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1657870/#Comment_1657870

If you have a corrupted map, delete it.
    ==> Open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Uninstall".

Download the small map offered in the internal memory of your device.

Then, with your device Not connected to the PC, add a microSD card class 10 of at least 16GB max 32GB.
    - Do a Soft Reset of your device: Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds until you hear a drum sound.
    The formatting starts automatically after the Reset, on the screen choose the option "Map".
    - Or you can do it manually by yourself.
    ==> go to the main menu of your device (4Dots ....) / Settings / System / Format the memory card / choose the option "Map".

Don't be surprised if this topic disappears, it's a duplicate with your initial request.

Regards.
  • williamtomtomwilliamtomtom Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    i have the same problem, can i also have a smaler map? so i can fix the tomtom go 500
  • hajrudinhajrudin Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem, can i also have a smaller map? so i can fix the tomtom go 60
  • jimmytudeskyjimmytudesky Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited July 9
    Hi, @VikramK
    I have the same problem, my Go 500 says no map available and I cannot format a SD memory card. Could you please add a smaller map on My Drive Connect?
    I dont find another solution.
    Do you need my username of mydrive Connect? I cant sent it to you by private.

Thank you so much!
    Regards
  • EnginEngin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 9
    I saw a previous discussion and the solution to my problem is to install a smaller map into my device internal memory. Can you please make available on my profile a small map so that I can fix my problem and install the new "Europe +east europe+turkey map" version? many thanks for your support.
    (also I saw a note that " maybe @VikramK or @lampard the site Moderators will be able to allocate a small map to my account in order to give me access to the Micro SDHC Card Formatting menu"

thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,229 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @jimmytudesky

Smaller map activated!

Regards
    Vikram
  • EnginEngin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks @VikramK. all done.
  • Doozer67Doozer67 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi I have a message saying no maps available on my GO5000, I have formatted my memory card and the device does not see it to be able to format it on the device, I believe this is a known issue and by having a smaller map fixed the fault, can you please help.
  • hajrudinhajrudin Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    thanks @VikramK.
  • Doozer67Doozer67 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Many thanks @VikramK

Small map loaded and then I could format sd card straight away and load the full Europe map.

Cheers
  • janismusinsjanismusins Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    HI!
    I have the same problem. Obviously, I have to ask for a smaller map to be added to my account.

Thanks
  • MickthedriveMickthedrive Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    During a map update on my tom-tom 610 device the device stated that the device was not responding, i disconnected and reconnected the lead from the USB port as per instruction on the computer screen. This occurred many times reconnected when it eventually got to 100% the update would not go onto the device. I then had to reset the device and go through the update again same problem occurred. It appears that there is not enough storage on my device so I purchased a SD card, won't accept card as the device will not go back to home screen.
    I have contacted TomTom and they have said there are multiple updates trying to be installed on my device but they can not cancel the updates........
    So am stuck with a device that I cannot use.
  • cad42cad42 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    @VikramK

Can't install my europe map as internal memory too small.

Can't format a memory card as the device does not have a map.

Please add smaller map (just UK would be ideal) to my account.

Thanks!
    JC.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,335 Superuser
    Hi @Mickthedrive

You will have to wait until Monday when @lampard or @VikramK can have a look at your account and try and sort the the situation out.

Keep an eye out here for their response.

Doug
    Thanks for your reply
    I have an issue that there are multiple updates being installed on my device however there is not enough storage on my device and it won't let me add a SD card.
    I have tried all the options but no good.
    Pics attached of errors.
    0y32q133kwpl.jpg
    tv5rufefzkfw.jpg
    73sxwllowcc4.jpg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,335 Superuser
    Hi @Mickthedrive

The 2 mods I mentioned in my response to your other post are the ones to sort you out as they can see what has happened and what needs to be sorted at their end to resolve the problem.

One thing that you should do in future is ensure that when you ahem several updates that you download them one at a time rather than select all to be done. Software updates should be done first followed by voices and new items then the maps followed by map updates and finally the mapshare updates. When you have finished the updates do a Soft Reset ie with the unit on Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. This reset tidies up the files.

Doug
  • NijtramNijtram Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I'm trying to update my GO 510 to the lates maps (v10.3 / 6648.99 MB). However, I don't have enough space on my device. Not even if I delete my current maps v10.2 / 6302.44 MB) and all other items (voices etc.).
    Is there a solution, other than buying a extra memory card? Thanks in advance,
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online29

berna43
berna43
EugenK
EugenK
Hort1
Hort1
jadief
jadief
Justyna
Justyna