I have been directed from tomtom to a ‘partner’ company to purchase new map update is this nor all? — TomTom Community

I have been directed from tomtom to a ‘partner’ company to purchase new map update is this nor all?

Having logged onto tomtom to check for an update to my start 20 satnav I was directed to a website who are, they said a ‘partner’ company selling map updates £100 for a 5 year plan. I was a little sceptical and ended the session. The company was gps map update. Tel # 0800 689 0416.
With an email address of: [email protected]
Has anyone had details with this company and is it a bonifide company.
Your help would be appreciated
Cheers,
Patrick

Best Answer

Answers

• PhafferPhaffer Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Niall, I thought as much, that’s why I ended the session, unfortunately I do not have the URL as I deleted all browsing history and have undertaken a full virus scan just to be on the safe side.
  • bacibaci Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    happened to me first when i connect my new satnav that as bought 2019i payed £178 to GPS Update Centre, January 2021 i payed £119.99, last Friday they phone me told me that i been scamed for the second payment & they want £178 to fix it that i relisted that i`m being scamed, my concern is that they are using TomTom name why they are not stopped
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,966
    Superusers
    edited April 12
    Hi
    @baci
    Welcome to the site....
    I'm sorry that you visited one of the lookalike Scam Tomtom websites.....
    The Scam websites are visually very professional and are remarkably convincing....
    The Phone call or Chat line is where you get first get suckered in....
    Then the Support Service person (Scammer) rings you to completes the Scam....

Use the method in bullet point 1 & 2 below... To access Tomtom Support....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    (1)... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
    (2)... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Also see my Signature for more info....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM