Carplay display — TomTom Community

Carplay display

CromiumCromium Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
The Carplay feature is very welcome and works well, but why is some of the information on the phone display not shown on the car display? Information such as the right hand progress bar showing traffic, petrol stations, roadworks, cameras etc. Also it doesn't show current speed, only the speed limit. Are these features in development?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,932 Superuser
    Hi @Cromium

The templates that Apple dictate for CarPlay to be based on does not include one that enables the Route Bar etc, which you can see on the phone display, to be displayed on the CarPlay screen. There are suggestions that there may be more CarPlay features in Apples next update but meanwhile Tomtom say they are looking at the best ways to display the route bar features.

Doug
  • CromiumCromium Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you @DougLap. I am happy that I can finally use Carplay, just a shame I need to have my phone display on too. Great to hear that the features are being worked on.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,932 Superuser
    edited July 12
    Hi @Cromium

If you set the Voice to a Computer voice like Serena or Malcolm in Europe then set Read Aloud in Sounds and Warnings and set the various options that gives you then you will be told in advance of cameras etc and for example for an Average speed Zone you are advised in advance and the road has Red Line down the centre when in the Zone. Camera Icons are also shown on The Road in the CarPlay Display. You do not get your Actual Average speed displayed.

Doug