Update after master recovery — TomTom Community

Update after master recovery

Hi,

My TomTom 5100 crashed while updating and was stuck in a loop. I enter recovery mode (hold power until you see the white text, then press power 3 times) and then connected to tomtom MyDrive. Perfect the MyDrive restored the device and its not working.

The problem is its gone back to APP software version (17.300.0018.311 (0) (12/10/2017)

No matter what I do when I connect it to MyDrive it shows my device is up to date. which I know its not because it was on verison (18.xxx.xxxx.xxx) before the restore.

How can I force MyDrive to update my device?

Thanks
Rob

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,060 Superusers
    Hi
    @Rob225

Try...
    With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings

ATB YFM
  • Rob225Rob225 Posts: 18 [Legendary Explorer]
    No this did not fix the problem!

I have contacted TomTom support awaiting there help!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,060 Superusers
    Hi
    @Rob225

Try a Factory reset....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System... Reset Device

Warning... Log into the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Also Log into MyDrive on the GO 5100 to sync Your POi, MyPlaces & Routes to the Tomtom Cloud

ATB YFM
    Tried that and does not work!

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    Hi @Rob225

Hopefully @lampard or @VikramK can pick this up and check your account etc at their end and maybe sort things out for you tomorrow.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,189 TomTom Moderator
    @Rob225 I've made the changes to push the latest software version on your device. Please follow the steps mentioned by YFM above to apply these changes by connecting the device to MyDrive Connect. The latest version should be installed after this.

Regards, lampard
    Hi Lampard,

I have tried the above (I have reset the device to factory settings again, and cleared the download folder from my drive) but its only showing updates for Life Time Cameras ( which I normally see ) and Map Share community map update (which I normally see).

I have updated them two and its now showing that my device is up to date, but its still showing version 17.300.0018.311 (12/10/2017)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,189 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Rob225

This is really odd as I can see the the pushed software updates were installed correctly but still the old version is reflecting at the back-end and on your device. It's best to get in touch with our support and they'll be able to rectify this. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Regards, lampard
    Thanks lampard,

I have already contacted them awaiting a reply!

Rob