I have an activity that cannot be download on phone...how can I download manually ? — TomTom Community

I have an activity that cannot be download on phone...how can I download manually ?

Miguelon72Miguelon72 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have an activity that cannot be download on phone...how can I download manually ?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    Just plug the watch into your computer and sync via the Connect app. However, if you cannot download via the phone it may be a corrupt file and the computer will not help.
  • Miguelon72Miguelon72 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I made it, but nothing happened. I can see l made the activity on that date, but it doesn’t appear in the activity. I have to check the date and if I open it I can see only an icon with half arrow downloading
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    Once the watch thinks it has a successful upload it clears the memory (what you are seeing in the History is just summary data, the actual activity is deleted once synced). If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force Sports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1 - Exit Sports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).

2 - Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}.

3 - On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select Sports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_Sports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).

4 - Copy them to your computer

5 - Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom Sports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]

6- Restart Sports Connect and connect your watch

7 - Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.