Rider 550, Freecom 2+, iPhone 6s settings

Hamish_Z1000Hamish_Z1000 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
edited July 4 in RIDER
Evening.
After struggling to get my Sena SF1 to work properly to work with the 550 and iPhone, I sold it and bought a Freecom 2+ after looking at Headset compatibility on the TT website. (Strangely they seemed to have updated this with additional restrictions in the past few days. If you have a 30k all is good).

So I have my iPhone 6s paired to channel 1 on the Freecom. iPhone paired to the 550, and the 550 paired to the Freecom on channel 2 (GPS setting) using A2DP setting on the 550.
All works apart from 2 functions.
1. If I’m playing music from my iPhone, I get no Navigation instructions. I’ve tried enabling Parralell Audio but that didn’t work. If the radio is on then I do get Nav instructions.
2. The Freecom should react to Voice commands. The instructions say shout loudly. I have, but nothing.

I’m starting to wish I hadn’t purchased the Tomtom. It’s just too much hassle, and isn’t doing what I thought it would.

Any suggestions on settings?

Thanks once again.

Hamish.

Comments

• smudger64smudger64 Posts: 41 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I suspect the iPhone is the issue. So throw it away.
    Oh didn’t you realise that when TomTom advertise the 550 as working with Siri that’s actually a bear faced lie? No me neither. Am trying to get my money back as they have told me it’s a ‘known issue’ but despite that they keep giving me the runaround. Am currently in the process of starting legal action against them, so good luck!
  • Hamish_Z1000Hamish_Z1000 Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    smudger64 wrote: »
    I suspect the iPhone is the issue. So throw it away.
    Oh didn’t you realise that when TomTom advertise the 550 as working with Siri that’s actually a bear faced lie? No me neither. Am trying to get my money back as they have told me it’s a ‘known issue’ but despite that they keep giving me the runaround. Am currently in the process of starting legal action against them, so good luck!

Just had an email from TomTom asking me to send it back for repair. It might work when it comes back. It might not though!