Tomtom 52 -> can not add device ! — TomTom Community

Tomtom 52 -> can not add device !

Ik bought a TomTom Start 52 in 2018. But I recently changed my computer, and reinstalled the Google My connect. But I was having problems with the connection of the device with my computer. So I thought maybe the problem is the cable, I bought a new device last week (same model), i connected it to my computer, no problem. With the new cable i tried to connect the device of 2018, but when i click on "add new device" the only message i get is "Connect your device .....this is how connect it blabla" I already check the device manager etc of thet computer but nothing is working.

So please can someone give me the golden clue of how to fix this problem???

I reset and re-connect is not working as wel,

Answers

• OkabelgiumOkabelgium Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    FYI: already tried this one https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1114114/tom-tom-wont-connect-to-pc none of these things work!

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,365 Superuser
    edited July 8
    Hi @Okabelgium

Why do you want to add your device to a TomTom account? If you have not changed your email and password you don't have to do that.

First do a Soft Reset of your device:
    - With your device "switch on", press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

In your Start 52 check that you are "Log in" with MyDrive and your TomTom account.
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots) / TomTom Services / MyDrive ==> if there is no "Activated" ==> enter your email and password / Log in.

For MyDrive Connect try this:
    Often a clean installation solves the problems.
    With your device Not connected to the PC:
    1 / Uninstall MDC, accept the removal of downloads in the popup window.
    2 / "Restart" your PC (Not Shut Down or Sleep)
    3 / Download and install the last version MDC, take it here, at the bottom, the green button "Download for ...":
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    4 / "Log in" with your email and password.
    5 / Connect your TomTom device.

Otherwise look at this TomTom FAQ:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21425

Regards.
  • OkabelgiumOkabelgium Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    LAURE123 wrote: »
    Hi @Okabelgium

Why do you want to add your device to a TomTom account? If you have not changed your email and password you don't have to do that.

First do a Soft Reset of your device:
    - With your device "switch on", press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

In your Start 52 check that you are "Log in" with MyDrive and your TomTom account.
    ==> Main Menu (4Dots) / TomTom Services / MyDrive ==> if there is no "Activated" ==> enter your email and password / Log in.

I wanted to add the device to myDrive, but there were several old devices still in my list, so i deleted them all. And I thought that I than could add the device again.

I followed your steps but i'm having problems after the soft reset.

Network status: "Not Connected"
    Flitser Update: "Activated"
    Mydrive (can not do anything here, can't even clikc on it. It has a cloud with a X next to it:(