My old 5000 is synced to my new Premium even though they are now on separate accounts

I recently bought a new Go premium and as in the past, gave my 5000 to my Wife.
So I am following a route to a business address in the Netherlands when suddenly the Satnav tells me 'Incoming destination received-, re-routing' It then proceeds to re-route to an address in Southern England. If I reset it a battle ensues to keep resetting it on either device.

At first both devices were on my account so I removed the 5000 from my account and my Wife set up a new account of her own and added the 5000 to this account.

The problem still exists.

Any ideas how the 2 devices can be set for separate destinations?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,823 Superuser
    Hi @ferox

What you describe in that you are on a trip when a new destination takes over is exactly what happens if you have 2 devices logged onto the same Email address. It would suggest that your GO5000 is logged into the same account as your Premier and not to the new account that was set up for it.

When you set up the new account for your wife did you do a Factory Reset on the GO 5000 to delete all the data on it and then when you set the unit up again, as you did before out of the box, did you input the new account so that it syncs with that.

If you had both units on the same account the solution to the problem is to log out of the account on both units. This does not affect Traffic etc but it stops them syncing to your account. When you want to sync your unit or update it you sign in on the unit and when you have completed the syncing or updating log out again.

Doug
  • feroxferox Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK Thanks for the advice. I will try logging out of my account and logging in when needed. I am puzzled as to the use of having 2 separate devices which both will not allow independent routing. It seems hard to imagine that would be very useful to many people.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,823 Superuser
    Hi @ferox

The advantage is that all units are synced with the same My Places, Poi ad route files. The downside is that they try to sync routes being used on the units at the same time.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,813 Superusers
    Hi
    @ferox
    ferox wrote: »
    OK Thanks for the advice. I will try logging out of my account and logging in when needed. I am puzzled as to the use of having 2 separate devices which both will not allow independent routing. It seems hard to imagine that would be very useful to many people.
    Me for one... I would need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with eight devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain eight devices three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier and Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'