TomTom GO 620 software improvements — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 620 software improvements

I have updated to a Go 620 over half a year ago. Overall I am quite happy with the many improvements over the previous models (I have used 2 Tomtoms before this). However, there are a few things I think requires some improvement:

1. The warning sounds for over speed limit and speed camera warnings are too similar and you don't have any options to change it. On the previous generation models, you have the choice of many sounds and the number of chimes so you can tell clearly what the warning is about.
2. The colours schemes for the maps are very gloomy and boring. With the much better quality lcd compared to the previous generations, you should be able to put on some better colours!
3. It is nice the Go 620 can remember your routines and anticipate where you want to go on a certain day of the week. Say on Monday, I would normally go to A, so when I start my car, the Tomtom would ask me "Are you going to A?". However, if this Monday I need to go to B instead and enter the destination B, the Tomtom will start guiding me to B. But during the trip, it will still ask me now and then "Are you going to A?".
4. Sometimes the voice command menu comes on and asks for a voice command from me, but I haven't said anything (I was only listening to the radio at the time, certainly the radio didn't say "Hello Tomtom"!)

These are the few annoyances I experienced with the 620. I hope your software guys may be able to do something about it to give the 620 a even better user experience!
Tagged:

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,062 Superusers
    edited June 13
    Hi
    @JLTT620
    JLTT620 wrote: »
    1. The warning sounds for over speed limit and speed camera warnings are too similar and you don't have any options to change it. On the previous generation models, you have the choice of many sounds and the number of chimes so you can tell clearly what the warning is about.
    For a general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Karen in Australia ???
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM

• JLTT620JLTT620 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply. I have already done all you have suggested. I would like Tomtom to improve what they done so far to make my Tomtom a bit more user friendly, which shouldn't be too hard to implement.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    You could try setting the "Hello TomTom" phrase to something slightly more complicated which may reduce false triggering. My wife seem to trigger it sometimes when she talks about a certain president -- maybe "I'm listening" is more meaningful than we thought! (My attempt at humor, not political opinion.)
    JLTT620 wrote: »
    Sometimes the voice command menu comes on and asks for a voice command from me, but I haven't said anything (I was only listening to the radio at the time, certainly the radio didn't say "Hello Tomtom"!)
    Maybe this was playing on the radio ???

ATB YFM
  • SunnyIntervalsSunnyIntervals Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Hey JLTT620,

I feel that there is need for improvement with the announcements and agree that the tones are in need of an update.
    Hi
    @SunnyIntervals

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Voices....
    Always use a Computer voice
    Sett the next 5 setting to 'ON'

Spoken Speed cam etc Warnings See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1652496/#Comment_1652496

ATB YFM