Bandit mount clip broken — TomTom Community

Bandit mount clip broken

abdul qayyumabdul qayyum Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've had the bandit for about 2 years, but now the clip (that clips onto the mount) has broken. Is there a way to fix this or a place to buy extra parts? Or do you have any suggestions? 678e6dd0-cf30-4885-8cce-9b3d102a0c32.jpg678e6dd0-cf30-4885-8cce-9b3d102a0c32.jpg

Comments

• MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    Aaaiii, Did you call TomTom? The Bandit is not produced anymore, but I hope they keep stock to repair broken stuff like this. Please let us know. I have two Bandits and love them.
  • blackdog667blackdog667 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi there,
    did you get a response to this?

I also need spare parts for the mounting assembly.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    edited May 3
    Hi there,
    did you get a response to this?

I also need spare parts for the mounting assembly.

TT Sports discontinued the Bandit years ago and went out of business all together 18 months ago so there are likely no parts available. You cannot buy just parts, you would need to buy the entire accessory, but it my not be available. Try contacting Support directly and see what they have in stock, if any.
  • gill_pricegill_price Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    this has happened to mine too - most upset!
    i was sent a return label to send the whole thing to Bucharest, Romania - didn't want to send it away but maybe that's the only answer?
    gill_price wrote: »
    i was sent a return label to send the whole thing to Bucharest, Romania - didn't want to send it away but maybe that's the only answer?

If that is what Customer Support told you to do, why are you questioning it?
    i was hoping to find replacement part as the camera works fine, i don't know if they'll charge me...
    i was hoping to find replacement part as the camera works fine, i don't know if they'll charge me...

I am guessing they will as it is long out of warranty. I would double check first before sending it. Odd that it is in Romania, are you sure you were actually talking to TomTom directly?
    i was talking through the contact page, via 'bongo the digital assistant'. i know, it is odd isn't it?
    i was talking through the contact page, via 'bongo the digital assistant'. i know, it is odd isn't it?

I have never heard of them using a "bongo digital assistant". I think that may have been a fraudulent site.
    this is the company named on the mailing label i was sent http://www.regenersis.ro/SubWeb.aspx?ID=2 - getting more complicated...
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,315 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Bongo is our simple chat-bot which redirects you to relevant FAQ's for your queries. You can find him on the Support section or Contact page.

@gill_price The shipping label was sent to you in May which might be expired. You need to get in touch with them again to raise another repair request.

Regards, lampard