Not voice directions but bleeps or tones

So, as my GO PRo 6250 does not support Bluetooth directions direct to a headset it got me thinking while I’m programmed to hearing the different warning sounds, instead of voice notifications from the speaker, bleeps or tones could be selected. Just like the motorway pop-up it can be a subtle reminder there is a turning coming up.

I have been using the sat NAV with the voice turned off but where there is complicated directions close to a destination where I have passengers aboard my coach, sound would be a great help.

This can also be used to notify of a pending speed reduction ahead. There has been talk about cars using satellite locations of speed limits to slow the vehicle.. hence this would be helpful to scrub off speed especially on country roads where branches and hedges obscure signage.

Also sometimes, the sat nav will suddenly throw up an obscure route where a simple direct or less complicated programmed route I’ve selected in MyDrive... any explanations as to why this is happening??

I regularly update and have taken to extending the length of the vehicle to give a better and safer route than what is just given.

Okay, it been a long day and I hope you understand my thoughts for improvements.

Regards
SunnyIntervals

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,768 Superusers
    Hi
    @SunnyIntervals

May also be worth a look... Bluetooth Convertor --> Bluetooth Headset

lhtbtk4u68kk.png
    See Link...https://ridermount.com/product/bluetooth-gps-audio/

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

I have seen this post before about adding another device to the tomtom. If I was in just one vehicle then I might consider this option, but as I'm allocated a different vehicle everyday then its more wires. It would be a simple feature to add to the voice section and neater.

I was hoping that the TT team might see this idea as I there is no way to contact them easily and previous attempts have been painful.
    Hi
    @SunnyIntervals

Only the Motorcycle... Tomtom Rider 4xx/5xx ranges have this feature

ATB YFM

Yes aware of the rider versions only having the bluetooth feature but this does not help after Ive spend a lot of money on a large screen device to work with a large vehicle.. the bike devices would take me under a low bridge and loose the roof.

So hence me trying to request another option other than a voice loudly directing... are you tuned into the warning tones and adopt your driving to them?
    edited July 8
    Hi
    @SunnyIntervals

Obviously I wasn't suggesting you use a Tomtom Rider 4xx/5xx to navigate your Coach !!!
    I was simply pointing out, that the only devices in the Tomtom ranges to have the Bluetooth Intercom/Headset feature are the Motorcycle... Rider 4xx/5xx Models

ATB YFM