Save modifications to a route

Go 52: Established a route to a destination and saved it in My Places. Then I added two stops to the route. Everything looks fine in in map view. But when I close TomTom and open it again and select the route from My Places the modifications are gone. How can I save a modified route so that when I close TomTom and then reopen it the modifications are still there.

Thanks,

Les

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,792 Superusers
    edited July 3
    Hi
    @thetaom
    thetaom wrote: »
    Go 52: Established a route to a destination and saved it in My Places. Then I added two stops to the route. Everything looks fine in in map view. But when I close TomTom and open it again and select the route from My Places the modifications are gone. How can I save a modified route so that when I close TomTom and then reopen it the modifications are still there.
    Thanks, Les
    Try Option (1) or (2)
    On the device
    (1)... Cancel Syncing in the MyDrive Menu... (Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop syncing)
    OR
    (2)... Turn off/Forget Wi-fi... (See below)

Both of the methods work.....

If you are using the MyDrive Web Route planner and Send Destination or Send Stops

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg
    On the NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices You have problem... If Wi-Fi is enabled the 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to sync a .ITN route
    In the syncing process it converts the .ITN Route to a .GPX Track
    According to Tomtom the reason for this is, the High Speed of the sync over Wi-Fi ???
    The Fix... Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turnoff the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not Connecting & Syncing....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

If you want to update your device log back into the Wi-fi

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Your suggestions worked concerning turning off WiFi--but there are still problems.

Here is what I did:
    1. Menu → Settings → My Drive → Stop Syncing
    2. Menu → Drive To → Address → Number Keyboard
    82007, Cheyenne WY
    Fox farm, W Fox Farm Rd
    201 → Done
    Drive

3. Menu → Current Route → Add Stop to Route → Search → Address → York, NE, York NE (Center), Add

This route will take me to Cheyenne, WY but instead of following Interstate 70 to Denver it moves me North where I can cross NE on Interstate 80 directly into Cheyenne, WY.

This would work fine if I was only going to Cheyenne, however this is only the first day of the trip. The second day is from Cheyenne to Boise, Idaho, and the 3rd day is from Boise, Idaho to Port Angeles, WA. If I try to consolidate and enter one trip from Topeka, KS to Port Angeles, WA, then I loose the time and distance information for each leg. What is the best way to enter this 3-day trip and keep all possible information. Legs 2 and 3 have modifications ("Add Stop to Route") just as Leg 1 has.

Les
    edited July 6
    @thetaom
    Hi Les

Using a .ITN Route the device will calculate the route between Stops (According to the Route type selected in the settings menu)

If you want to force a different route you simply add more stops
    Note...When you add the extra Stops Zoom right into the road
    Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up road on the route after the traffic island exit

ATB YFM

Thanks again--good information.

I've settled on a procedure: put each days route into TomTom prior to starting that phase of the trip. Is there a way to delete all routes I have entered into TomTom memory?

Les
    edited July 7
    Hi
    @thetaom

On the Satnav device
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyRoutes
    Screen bottom right Tap 'Edit list'... Select the Routes/Tracks you wish to delete... Tap 'Delete'

On the MyDrive web Route planner

Click on the Microscopic Trash-can...That appears to the right of file name as you hover the mouse pointer over the file name

ATB