Cant log in back to tom tom go - Check you internet connection error?

maricrmaricr Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
So i had problems with syncing POI to mydrive, so i logged out of tom tom go mobile app.
However when I try to connect back i get error:

Unable to Log In - Check your Interent connection then try again.

However my interent connection is fine.

Answers

• RobzcRobzc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 6
    As stated, my TomTom Go Mobile on Android traffic has stopped working in the last couple of days. Tried all the tricks, re-installing, rebooting the phone e.t.c. I'm not aware of anything I have changed & my subscription is live till march 2020.

I have a Samsung S7 phone and am on Tesco mobile. My friend also has TomTom Go on Android and sat next to me in the car his traffic works fine, only difference is he is on O2. (I know Tesco is also O2 but they do differ)

When driving near a building with WiFi that my phone connects to, the traffic then works. In my opinion then, the phone is fine, TomTom is fine, Tesco have done something to block the traffic. Any ideas?

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 220 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited June 13
    I think you found the problem. Call Tesco support.

Also you can compare a "ping traffic.tomtom.com and tracert traffic.tomtom.com" with Tesco with the WiFi version to prove your point.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,057 [Supreme Pioneer]
    When investigating mobile data routing and path blockage issues you may find it easiest to do it by setting your phone to function as a hotspot and then use PC tools to perform the testing.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,105 Superuser
    Seems to be a server problem.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115294/unable-to-use-app-after-restoring-new-iphone

I dont have Trafficinformation on my two Android devices.
    And here another from Germany https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1115299/upgrade-funktioniert-nicht
  • COOKIEBOYCOOKIEBOY Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    The server must be down. I couldn't get any traffic info earlier so reinstalled the app; now I can't log in to set up the app.

I do hope they fix this soon- it's not good enough for a paid app!
  • thedumasthedumas Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I confirm there is no connection. Are the servers dead?
  • GordopGordop Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I'm on EE. I use my sony m4 aqua purely as my satnav and my samsung galaxy a70 as a hotspot for the traffic. It doesn't work
    ... so I decided to reset the app and it does not work at all :s :p
    All you can do is wait. I hope they fix the problem before Monday
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,057 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Be patient. It may be because the TomTom traffic servers are down at the moment.
    We have a Friday. Tom Tom's team has a party now. We are waiting until Monday =)
    edited July 5
    thedumas wrote: »
    We have a Friday. Tom Tom's team has a party now. We are waiting until Monday =)
    d050.gif g053.gif
    edited July 6
    it seems that everything has returned to normal now B)
    Today they work again
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,020 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our GO Mobile and GO Navigation apps (iOS & Android) suffered an outage last Friday due to connection issues with TomTom’s backend. The issue has been resolved since early Saturday

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• BjautoBjauto Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Today (21 July) I have this problem again. Is it a server-issue again?
    Yes. In Germany problems too