I have a GO 5000 and its playing up. What is the next best one? — TomTom Community

I have a GO 5000 and its playing up. What is the next best one?

IanbarlowIanbarlow Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I have a GO 5000 and its playing up. What is the next best one?
Tagged:

Answers

• dmulvdmulv Posts: 629 Superuser
    Depends on what you want.

All of the replacement models on sale will give you a faster/smoother experience when using the device, due to its improved hardware. In terms of entitlements and features, they're best summarised in the table here.
  • IanbarlowIanbarlow Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thank you. But what is the best one when it comes to advice on bypassing traffic jams?

Ian
    They all use the same technology - HD Traffic - so no difference between models. That goes for your Go 5000 too.

Is there a particular problem you're struggling with on it?
    Thank you yes there is a particular thing. I use my tomtom for getting me to places asap and for avoiding speeding fines. I do not always need it to get me to a new place. So what am I paying for if I pay more money for a tomtom apart from a bigger screen
    Thanks in advance
    Ian
    In which case, I'd go for the Go Premium, which includes lifetime speed camera updates.

Other than this, the two big improvements over your Go 5000 would be the speed of the thing (everything works more fluidly, and route calculation are much faster), and updates through WiFi.

This makes MapShare and speed camera updates much more convenient.

Oh... and you can get handsfree calling and reading out of text messages from your phone.
    Thanks but don't other models have camera lifetime updates? Other that that what has premium to offer

Ian
    Ianbarlow wrote: »
    Thanks but don't other models have camera lifetime updates?
    No - you have to purchase a subscription after an initial free period (3 months on the Basic, 6 months on the Essential).
    Ianbarlow wrote: »
    Other that that what has premium to offer
    Please see the table I linked to previously.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,331 Superuser
    Hi @Ianbarlow

The Basic and Essential models require connecting to your mobile phone whilst running in order to get the Traffic etc services. The Premium models have the intbuilt mobile SIM card like your GO 5000 so you have no more mobile charges and you only need to connect your phone if you want the handsfree and messaging facilities.

Doug