TomTom GO 5200 crashing — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 5200 crashing

Hi, has anyone had problems with their tomtom 5200? My tomtom 5200 keeps crashing whilst in use and its a nightmare to get it to work sometimes it can take a couple of hours for it to reset itself. When it finally Resets itself the Live traffic doesn't work.
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,726 Moderator
    Hi Satsidhu01

Welcome to the community!

Have you already tried a factory reset?

Main menu- Settings- System-Reset device

Regards
    Vikram
  • PAJFPAJF Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did have the same problemen after an update in March 2021. After a few weeks it worked normal again but in August 2021 after a new map update the GO 5200 kept rebooting while driving. Now it is completely stuck after factory reset.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,891
    Superuser
    Hi @PAJF

Try turning My drive off on the device which will not adversely effect the units operation whilst travelling.

Doug
  • malcs3malcs3 Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have a problem that my Go Premium continually freezes then restarts over and over. I found that if i turn the My Drive syncing OFF on the device then it sorts out the problem. But it means I cannot connect to the My Drive app on my phone!! And the reply I keep getting is to try a new account....which means I lose all my stored places etc. 3 of my friends have exactly the same issue. TomTom need to correct the issue with a software update, as it is not my account that's faulty but the software. My device works perfectly if the syncing to MyDrive is OFF
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,363 [Exalted Pioneer]
    You activate Mydrive only to transfer a route or place once done deactivate again.