Transfer of 'My Places' to new device — TomTom Community

Transfer of 'My Places' to new device

If I buy a newer TomTom GPS , will "my places" update into the new device when I link to the route planner?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BusTanker

Welcome to the community!

All your My Places are backed up on a cloud storage.

So when you buy a new TomTom and log in using the same email address or account they will be automatically synced.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BusTanker

Welcome to the community!

All your My Places are backed up on a cloud storage.

So when you buy a new TomTom and log in using the same email address or account they will be automatically synced.

Regards
    Vikram
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,184 Superuser
    edited July 1
    Hi @BusTanker

Just to add to Vikrams advice there is one thing you should be aware of when you have more one Tomtom unit on the same email account.

If you are using one of the devices and are mid route if someone starts another unit on the same account and creates a route that route gets sent to the one you are using and will change the route on it although you are mid journey.

The solution is simple. If you log out of the account on each device then nothing is shared between devices. When you want to check for updates and add POI or Route Files etc that you have added to your account then log in on the devices and they will sync the data. Being logged out of the account whilst using it does not affect Traffic etc which will work as normal.

Bear in mind that the benefit of having them on the one account is that they are all kept up to date equally and you don't have to add or delete data account by account.

Doug
  • BusTankerBusTanker Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks. All noted.