TomTom MyDrive doesn't see my device — TomTom Community

TomTom MyDrive doesn't see my device

trvntrktrvntrk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited July 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Computer beeps that it is connected. Device says connected to computer but MyDrive says no device connected. so I can't update or use route planner. The 2 reasons I bought this device. My registration with mydrive says I have a Start 52 but the device in settings says it is a Via 1530. MyDrive has no device called a via 1530. I used Route planner last year an updated the map earlier this month but now nothing

Comments

• leon_hogan1leon_hogan1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same issue, did the latest firmware and map updates and now it wont connect to my drive either to computer via cord or to phone over blue tooth, shows that it is paired with the phone but when you try to sync a route nothing happens.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @trvntrk and @leon_hogan1

You can try that:

Since the last update of the software MyDrive Connect for Windows there are some problems of connection with the device.

For MyDrive Connect connection (MDC): often a clean installation solves the problems.
    With your device Not connected to the PC:
    1/ Uninstall MDC, accept the removal of downloads in the popup window.
    2/ "Restart" your PC (Not Shut down or Sleep)
    3/ Download and install the last version MDC, take it here, at the bottom, the green button "Download for ... ":
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/
    4/ "Log in" with your email and password.

- - - - - - - -

For the use of the Route Planner "MyDrive":
    With your device Not connected to the PC

1/ First do a Soft Reset of your device.
    - With your device "switch on", press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.
    You will not lose anything and this manipulation solves and often unblocks small worries. I always do it after every update.

2/ In your device check that you are "Log in" MyDrive:
    In your TomTom device ==> Main Menu (4Dots) / TomTom Services / MyDrive ==> if there is no "Activated" ==> enter your email and password / Log in.

3/ Redo a Soft Reset.

4/ Connect you to MyDrive Web page:
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    - "log in" with your email and password.
    - If your device don't have "live services" like a "Start 52" connect it with a cable to your PC.
    - Plan a route or enter a "My Places" to do a test.

Regards.
  • leon_hogan1leon_hogan1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Laure123!! that fixed it! (so far lol)
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @leon_hogan1

Glad for you. Thanks for your feedback. :)

I hope it worked for @trvntrk too.

Regards.