TomTom Rider 550 does not want to wake up from sleep mode. — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550 does not want to wake up from sleep mode.

KSDKSD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
edited June 23 in RIDER
When the Rider 550 goes into sleep mode (by pressing the Power button once or disconnecting the power supply in the holder), it can not be wake up. Pressing the Power button does not give anything. Its need to hold down the Power button for about 10 seconds and the navigation restarts.

This happens only when the navigation is in night mode (smaller screen backlight). In day mode, everything works fine and navigation is awakened in a second, by pressing the Power button once.

Comments

• KSDKSD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Hey, hey, can anyone help?
    I do not know if this is a software error (and I should wait for a fix) or this is a device error (and i should send it back on the warranty). Does anyone of the Rider 550 users have a similar problem?
  • marco.reuselmarco.reusel Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hello KSD. Have you tried a hard reset? This may solve your problem.
    Menu - settings - system - reset device.
    Greetings, Marco.
    Hi Marco! Ofcourse, I tried to do a full reset (several times). This, unfortunately, does not help.
  • marco.reuselmarco.reusel Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited June 30
    Hello KSD.
    A while ago, someone posted something simular, regarding the wake up problem, in combination with night mode.
    It seemed that the brightness of the screen in night mode, had to be 35% or higher.
    Since that time his problem was gone.
    Maybe you can try this.
    Greetings , Marco.
    Marco, thank you very much for your help! I raised the screen brightness to 35% in night mode and the problem was solved.

It follows that this is a software bug. It would be good if it will be resolved in the future, because many users may have a problem with that.