No MAP Installed message and cannot format inserted sd card — TomTom Community

No MAP Installed message and cannot format inserted sd card

Dear Team,
I replaced my sd card due to free space problem. Unfortunately the new sd card cannot be formatted to install EUROPE map. And internal memory size is not enough to keep whole europe map.
I need your assistance as I need to be able to download a smaller map to internal memory.

Thanks for your help.

Koray

Answers

• adacadac Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited June 2019
    Got the same. But it has also deleted the internal stored map, and it just keeps saying you need to install a map... but i can't because it won't fit or take me to the menu to format the card, because it keeps telling me to install a map, which i can't do because its too big for the device... getting silly..

When I reset the device(20 secs drumroll) and hold for a little longer it displays a data screen in black and white, in that info it recognises the memory card and shows the available bytes on it, bit more than 60000.. so don't understand why mydrive cant see it..
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,627
    Superuser
    Hi @adac

You will need a 16gb or the maximum size accepted by Tomtom units of 32gb as the full European map will not fit on anything less. The map cannot be split between Internal and extra memory.

Doug
  • Silverblue605Silverblue605 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have 32 gb sd card however I cannot get over the message "NO MAP INSTALLED" to be able to format the new sd card on my GO 500 device. NO MAP INSTALLED message overlaps anything and I cannot access setup-format sd card menu item.
    Dear @VikramK Would you please assign me a smaller map to be able to reach format sd card menu item? My Go 500 device only has access to EUROPE MAP and they are all bigger than my internal memory.

I have 32 gb sd card however I cannot get over the message "NO MAP INSTALLED" to be able to format the new sd card on my GO 500 device. NO MAP INSTALLED message overlaps anything and I cannot access setup-format sd card menu item.

Same for me, you can't get to the menu on the tomtom because the 'no map installed' message overrides everything.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @adac

You will need a 16gb or the maximum size accepted by Tomtom units of 32gb as the full European map will not fit on anything less. The map cannot be split between Internal and extra memory.

Doug

I'm not trying to split the map, the Europe maps(apx 6 options) are all too big for the device, so they have to go on the card, but it doesn't see the card, you can't format it on the tomtom because you can't get to the menu..
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,627
    Superuser
    Hi @adac

You will have to wait for @VikramK to see this on Monday and add a small map to your account which will load on the internal memory and then you can format the card for the Europe map.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    @adac

Smaller map added

Should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    yesterday I managed to format 32 gb sd card even the NO MAPS message overrides the screen.
    First install the SD card, formatted with FAT32.
    When you see the message "NO MAPS INSTALLED", unplug the usb cable connecting to PC. Then, a short click on the power button to sleep the gps device.
    Whenever you cycle the device between sleep and screen on mode, there's an opportunity (even for miliseconds) to press the right bottom corner of the screen, FORMAT the SD CARD, and then CHOOSE the option "MAPS". During the cycle, keep clicking lower right corner.