Map Not Current — TomTom Community

Map Not Current

AussieRagdollAussieRagdoll Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 2019 in Map quality
Does anyone know why the maps for the Marsden Park area in Sydney has still not been updated? You cannot search for, or manually enter the address for Costco (10 Langford Drive Marsden Park). This is despite this Costco having opened to the public in August 2017. Almost 2 years ago.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @AussieRagdoll

Welcome to the Community! Please install the latest map of Australia on your device and check again. Right now, your device has the Southeast Asia & Oceania map installed on it.

See the public FAQ here: Updating your device with WiFi

Cheers, lampard
  • bigbig Posts: 1,629
    Superuser
    I've noticed quite consistently now: if a built-in point of interest exists at a particular address then you can no longer search for the address.

For example (and I didn't try it in your case), if you enter "10 Langford Drive Marsden Park" the address can't be found. But if you search for Costco, one will show up at 10 Langford Drive and you can select it.
  • AussieRagdollAussieRagdoll Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Actually, even if you search for Costco, the Marsden Park location doesn’t come up.
  • AussieRagdollAussieRagdoll Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I’ve just spent the best part of an hour downloading the Australian map and it STILL cannot find Costco in Marsden Park, not the actual street (Langford Dr) in Marsden Park. So, now what?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, this place (Costco in Marsden Park) is not yet updated in our maps. You can either add the co-ordinates (-33.72165, 150.84138) of the store in MyDrive Route planner and save it under My Places which will eventually sync with the device. Or you can report this on the Mapshare reporter and add this store as 'Point of Interest', see the public FAQ here.

Regards, lampard