The voice doesn't work — TomTom Community

The voice doesn't work

rnyholmrnyholm Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
I cannot get voice guidance when using the new TomTom Go Navigation app. I have iPhone XR and the language is swedish Astrid.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,221 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rnyholm

When you Tap menu is the Speaker icon bottom left crossed through if so tap to turn on. Is the sound bar well to the right and has the Voice Icon bottom right got a line through it if so Tap to turn on.

In Settings/Voices Is Voice volume well to the right and is Astrid a computer voice. Have you selected Read Aloud early instruction etc below the Voice selected.

In Settings/ Sounds and Warnings under Warning Type have you selected. Read aloud warnings, What have you selected under Speed cameras Warnings and Safety warnings.

Doug

Answers

• flash477948flash477948 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Check the main volume - the volume in the app now only sets the voice as a percentage of the main volume (previously the app volume would adjust the main volume, and the percentage setting was under settings)
  • rnyholmrnyholm Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you for your answer. I don't understand where this volume sets can be changed. I tried to take away the contact to CarPlay. I did not get the sound when TomTom Navigation app was working alone.
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rnyholm

When you Tap menu is the Speaker icon bottom left crossed through if so tap to turn on. Is the sound bar well to the right and has the Voice Icon bottom right got a line through it if so Tap to turn on.

In Settings/Voices Is Voice volume well to the right and is Astrid a computer voice. Have you selected Read Aloud early instruction etc below the Voice selected.

In Settings/ Sounds and Warnings under Warning Type have you selected. Read aloud warnings, What have you selected under Speed cameras Warnings and Safety warnings.

Doug
  • rnyholmrnyholm Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you. It was the voice icon that had a line through.
  • hoonerhooner Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 2019
    Voice instructions don't work. The route map works. voice icon is ok
    edited September 2019
    Hi @hooner

When you Tap menu is the Speaker icon where the Menu icon crossed through. If so Tap it.

In Settings/Voices is the volume fully to the right which mens you want I to be 100% of your music volume.

I did on one occasion have no speaking but it corrected itself when I turned the phone completely Off/On.

Doug