No PR-support from Tomtom, PR-department seems to no longer exist

ReviewerReviewer Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited June 25 in RIDER
A very disturbing sign!
Earlier Tomtom had a local organisation that handled contacts with the press. Then they left all contacts to be taken care of by local PR-agencies.

Now Tomtom has ceased using local PR-agencies and refers questions from the press to [email protected] But when trying to contact them there are no answers to e-mails!

I am presently reviewing GPS-navigators for MC (like so many years before) and none of my e-mails have got any response from Tomtom. To me that is a sign of a company with severe problems and since I do not want my readers to invest in products that may not have a future support I have removed all my review videos of Tomtom Rider products from Youtube.

Answers

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    It may not TT’s fault. Email doesn’t guarantee delivery. A spam filter may have dropped your emails in a junk folder or quarantine...

Try other ways to communicate.
  • ReviewerReviewer Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thank you, but that is not correct. Every mail got an automatic answer "Thank you for contacting the TomTom Press Office, we will respond to your media inquiry as soon as possible."

But "as soon as possible" seems to be equal to "never"!
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    So something is wrong with their PR. There’s nothing worst than no replying...
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Reviewer

Give me some time and let me check what is happening.

I will get back..

Regards
    Vikram..
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    edited June 27
    Hi @Reviewer

I got an update from the team.

The PR inbox is checked almost every hour and we respond to all emails coming from media.

Is it okay if I share your email address(forum account) with them?

One of our team members will get in touch with you.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    "The PR inbox is checked almost every hour and we respond to all emails coming from media."

Yeah, sure, with an automatic response telling you that they will ("eventually, probably, maybe, sometimes") respond.

The latest mails I sent to them was on June 19th, June 21st and June 25th. All of them got the automatic response mail.

And, isn´t this forum one of the ways to communicate with not only Rider users but also Tomtom? So why asking for a permission to give your sleeping Press-department (if there still is one) my email address?
    Hi Reviewer,

People use different email address for different purposes.

My intention to ask was only to confirm.

I have forwarded it now.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Well, talk about very bad vibes!

No new versions of Rider this year!
    And now it has been 15 days since I first contacted Tomtoms Press Departement resulting in nothing but automatic responses telling you that they will ("eventually, probably, maybe, sometimes") respond.

It has been seven days since Tomtoms Moderator forwarded my email address to "them"!!
    So I guess you safely can deduct that “It really appears that their Press Department is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It is an Ex-Press Department in a (maybe) future Ex-Company."
    Well, the problem was that Tomtom Press Representative never answered to my emails, starting June 19th.
    On June 27th the moderator VikramK promised to forward my request for contact.

And, surprise, they have not responded (if they still exist?).

So again I state that to me as a journalist that is a sign of a company with severe problems!