battery discharging overnight

anyone else having issue with there tomtom go proffesional 6250 battery discharging overnight while turned off, following recent update please addvise..

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,813 Superusers
    edited June 17
    Hi
    @gildersleeve

I've NOT noticed a problem here....
    Are you using the Tomtom supplied Power Adapter & Lead ???

Many 3rd party Mismatched Charger Adaptors won't run and charge the device at the same time
    See... It's not simply a power thing.....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1182024/#Comment_1182024

The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 WiFi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power

When the device is In use they are designed to be always connected to a power supply
    The Tomtom supplied Power Adapter is rated at 5Volts 1.2Amps
    Even after you have recharged the device externally via a mains charger, when in use in the vehicle, they will still require being connected to a Tomtom supplied Power Adapter (Or a proven suitable 3rd party Power adapter)

(1)... Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power: See... Note (1) & (2)

(2)... Using a NONE Tomtom 3rd party underpowered or a mismatched cigarette lighter charger can cause the device to go into Power Saving Mode: See... Note (1)

(3)... On the Models with a built-in SIM, the reduction of power to the SIM can cause the dropping of the traffic info: Note (3)

Note (1)... At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    Note (2)... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    Note (3)... I tried connecting my Tomtom GO 6200 to my Cars USB port, checked the connection status it reports 'Connected over USB' --> 'GPRS (SIM) Disconnected'

As a test...
    Try using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter

The Charger Adaptor and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    yes i use the original power adaptor and the device does charge to 100% and will runn for a good hour whn unpluged, but for some reason the device will lose a full charge overnight whils powered off
  • kieronkieron Posts: 337 Superusers
    Hi there gildersleeve -

Just so that we can understand your device issue in more detail - are you turning the 6250 [OFF] or putting it to [SLEEP]?
    macOS Mojave 2017 4K ~ Norton Internet Security 2019
    Go Live 825 & Go 5100 ~ latest maps
  • gildersleevegildersleeve Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 17
    Yea im turning it off, press and hold button ton on rear and selecting shutdown, next morning its flat, only been doing this since recently updating, ive also tried resetting the device but that hasn’t helped either
  • gildersleevegildersleeve Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 24
    Update: ordered a brand new battary of ebay, was fully charged when it was shut down 4am this morning and is now completly flat at 2pm, cant understan why its discharging whilst powered off since the last update
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,813 Superusers
    edited June 25
    Hi
    @gildersleeve

Tomtom did have a similar problem a while back

But this one was entering Sleep Mode, where the 15 second countdown stopped at 1 Second before Sleep and the screen went Black... But the device was still running

Version 17.302 fixed the problem
    Released on 1 February 2018 This update applies to: GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi
    This release fixes an issue which in some cases could cause the battery to drain more quickly

See... What's new in the latest software for my navigation device?
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Wounded, spoken to tomtom support on phone and they informed me my tomtom was under warranty but as ive opened it up to change the battary this is no longer the case, hopefully an upcoming update may fix my tomtoms issue