How do I transfer my TomTom software to my SD card? — TomTom Community

How do I transfer my TomTom software to my SD card?

I already have the maps installed on my SD card, but the system is sometimes laggy/ not responding smoothly. So, transferring the software will make it much quicker, since it is an SD card. But how do I do this? My system uses MyDrive Connect, not TomTom Home.
Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,401 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @TomTomUser23

Sorry, but it's not possible to install or transfer the NavCore (internal software) of the device on the microSD card. We can only install it on the onboard memory. The only possibilities on the card are maps or routes.

The slowdowns on our devices are usually caused by the lack of free space on the internal memory. 400MB free are needed for a proper operation.
    I don't have a latency problem on my GO5100 when my device uses the EU map on my microSD. Your microSD card is a class 10 of at least 16GB of a known brand?

You can try to do a Soft Reset with your device switch on and Not connected to the PC (fully charged battery):
    You will not lose anything and this manipulation solves and often unblocks small worries. I do it after each update.
    ==> Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

Regards.

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,401 Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @TomTomUser23

Sorry, but it's not possible to install or transfer the NavCore (internal software) of the device on the microSD card. We can only install it on the onboard memory. The only possibilities on the card are maps or routes.

The slowdowns on our devices are usually caused by the lack of free space on the internal memory. 400MB free are needed for a proper operation.
    I don't have a latency problem on my GO5100 when my device uses the EU map on my microSD. Your microSD card is a class 10 of at least 16GB of a known brand?

You can try to do a Soft Reset with your device switch on and Not connected to the PC (fully charged battery):
    You will not lose anything and this manipulation solves and often unblocks small worries. I do it after each update.
    ==> Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

Regards.
  • TomTomUser23TomTomUser23 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hello @LAURE123 ,

Thank you for your quick response! I soft resetted my device the way you described me to do it. In regard to the SD, I use a Lexar 32 GB microSD. I checked on MyDrive Connect that I have 6355 MB space left. The device is not extremely slow, but I had the feeling that it could respond quicker. Anyways, thank you for your help!

Regards