Is there some way to turn off the speed camera reminders on GO 5200? — TomTom Community

Is there some way to turn off the speed camera reminders on GO 5200?

Sara_6705Sara_6705 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited June 2019 in TomTom Services
I'm going to France soon and will have my 5200 along in the car as usual but I'm told you get fined if you have a GPS that warns of speed cameras. Is it possible to switch off this service?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Sara_6705

You do not have to do anything to your unit whilst you are in France. When you get your updates for Cameras the the data for France is for Danger Zones and has been changed to comply with the French law.

You will find some warnings where cameras are present because the cameras have been placed there because the situation is considered dangerous. You will find other warnings occur when no cameras are present but the situation is considered dangerous.

Doug.

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Sara_6705

You do not have to do anything to your unit whilst you are in France. When you get your updates for Cameras the the data for France is for Danger Zones and has been changed to comply with the French law.

You will find some warnings where cameras are present because the cameras have been placed there because the situation is considered dangerous. You will find other warnings occur when no cameras are present but the situation is considered dangerous.

Doug.
    Superuser
    Hi @Sara_6705

Have a look at this which I have just found

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16323/kw/danger zones

Have a great trip.

Doug