In-app purchases for Premium Voices — TomTom Community

In-app purchases for Premium Voices

MortenKaalundMortenKaalund Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi
When I bought the first version of the TomTom app for iPhone, I also did some in-app purchases, which was the voices of Darth Vader and Homer Simpson.
When we were then forced to move to the "TomTom go" platform, and now the "Go Navigation", the voices that I had purchased is no longer visible as an option in the app.

But is it possible to somehow retrieve these voices in the Go Navigation app, because I really miss Homer :-)

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,910 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MortenKaalund

Welcome to the Community! The premium voices like Homer Simpson & Darth Vader are not compatible with the new GO Navigation App & the old GO Mobile App. These voices were only available with TomTom Navigation app for iPhone (1st gen).

Regards, lampard

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,910 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MortenKaalund

Welcome to the Community! The premium voices like Homer Simpson & Darth Vader are not compatible with the new GO Navigation App & the old GO Mobile App. These voices were only available with TomTom Navigation app for iPhone (1st gen).

Regards, lampard
  • MortenKaalundMortenKaalund Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard

Thank you for your rapid response.
    I generally accept the fact that it's not included as an option, in the new Go Navigation App. But is this maybe a feature that is being considered for the new platform, I mean most smartphones now comes with a lot of memory, so adding additional voices wouldn't matter much. And TomTom already have them stored somewhere from the 1st generation, so it should just be a matter for the legal department to renegotiate etc. :-)

Or Imagine having the voice of Morgan freeman guiding you down the highway, I mean the possibilities are endless :-)