New maps v10.30 available for download

Comments

• doctormstein1doctormstein1 Posts: 127 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Just tried the above method to add the USA 10.30 map. First I had to add a small map to my tomtom. Then I was able to download the v10.30 map and finally I deleted the very small map. I had to do this because My tomtom would not let me delete the large version of the USA, Mexico, and Canada. without having some map installed before deletion. It worked perfectly and now my V10.30 is showing on my 620 unit
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,810 Superuser
    edited June 12
    HI @doctormstein1

It would be a good idea to keep that small map on your Tomtom. The unit needs a valid map to start and so if you do an Update of the USA map and you have a problem and lose the map , for example an interruption you will not be able to Start your unit and easily sort the problem out.

Doug
  • Nuno MiguelNuno Miguel Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    is the new map available on Android? still no update on my TomTom Go App
  • TerrySohamTerrySoham Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have just downloaded to latest map upgrade. And a load of roads in central england are missing!! Looks like someone at Tom Tom for got to add them!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,810 Superuser
    Hi @TerrySoham

Examples please.

Doug
  • Karl_ZKarl_Z Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hey @Mike76 , wanna try updating your XL350 now? I was still getting the error late last night, but this morning HOME was showing the 10.30 "Northern USA and Canada" map correctly and I was able to download and install it.
  • Mike76Mike76 Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Karl_Z
    Thanks for that. I am away from home att. Will check in am and let you know how it worked out. Hope it is same as you.
    Mike
  • Mike76Mike76 Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Karl_Z,
    Updated my XL with 1030. Thanks for the heads up.
    Mike
  • thedumasthedumas Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    When maps for mobile? Still waiting....
  • DushaDusha Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
    June 18th, 1 week after 11th (tentative release date for mobile)....
    No maps.
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 113 [Revered Navigator]
    C'mon Tomtom get the maps updated for the Android app,
  • DushaDusha Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK , any update on the dates for Android maps release?
  • SandruSandru Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi I have a tomtom Go 6000 and is unable to download the new map 10.30 because the size is to big. I would tlike to download a smaller map with fewer zones...maybe Northern Eorope (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Germany e.g.) . I do not need the whole Map. And I do not want to buy a SD card just to get an update! That isnt fair, I think. The go 6000 wasnt cheap, and I do think it is reasonable and fair to ask for a zone download. Please.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,098 Superusers
    Go on Gearbest, you can have a 16 GO micru sd card for less than 4 €,
    GO6200
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,056 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Dusha wrote: »
    @VikramK , any update on the dates for Android maps release?
    The maps are available now.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,795 Superusers
    Hi
    @Sandru
    Sandru wrote: »
    (Snip) I do not want to buy a SD card just to get an update! That isnt fair, I think. The go 6000 wasnt cheap, and I do think it is reasonable and fair to ask for a zone download. Please.
    The Maps increase in size every for every Map release (Four times per year)
    Since the release of the NAV4 devices the Europe Map has increased from 6GB+ to 9GB+
    Just go for it and and save all the stress... Top branded 16GB Class10 Micro SDHC Cards can be purchase for around £5.00

Other SatNav Manufactures are just the same... Try Googling G*rm*n T&Cs... I find that the T&Cs for the definition of Device being Out of Life, Maps size versus Memory size, the use Map zones or the supply your own Micro SD Card etc are similar
    I think Tomtoms T&Cs the more Customer-friendly of the two

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

As your internal memory is to full to enable an update to be loaded for you European map then you will certainly not have enough free memory to load the maps you are suggesting you would like.

There is no option in the MyDrive Software to enable you to delete the map that is on the units internal memory to free up space to load another one. The option to delete maps is only available if you have 2 or more maps on the device as the default is to insure there is a valid map on the unit so it can start..

Mapzones are not available for the Map you have on your GO6000 they are only available for the early Tomtom units with very limited Internal memory .

Doug
  • thedumasthedumas Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Just downloaded maps for android app & work fine =)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,781 TomTom Moderator
    Hello all

Just wanted to confirm that v10.30 is available for download since yesterday for the TomTom Apps.

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • SandruSandru Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Doug It wont help even if I could delete the internal map. There isnt enough memory on the unit. You write that zoneupdates only is avaialbe for units with limited internal memory. But in another post you write that the new mapupdate dosnt fit in units with limited memory. So if our units now is to small for an update (internal), dosnt that mean that you ought to make zoneupdates available for us? I am very disapponited with you. And I will precede and contact the consumer organisation here in Denmark and maybe in EU, because I do think you cant just make these changes....And in addition it is near impossible to get in contact with your support team by phone or mail. I wont buy a TT unit ever again. And I wont suggest it to anyone. I did find that TT was the better alternative to buy, but not anymore.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,795 Superusers
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thank you
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,781 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Lepre

It will be after the mid of August but I don't have a confirmed date yet.

I will post an announcement when it's out.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • LepreLepre Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks VikramK,
    always kind and helpful
    Good day
  • melaoreilmelaoreil Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi Lepre

It will be after the mid of August but I don't have a confirmed date yet.

I will post an announcement when it's out.

Regards,
    Vikram

Hi VikramK

Any update on this?

Going on holidays in 7 days, would be great if the maps would be available by then :)

Regards