Speed camera alerts on GO 620 — TomTom Community

Speed camera alerts on GO 620

filter_filfilter_fil Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
edited February 2019 in Speed Cameras
I have reinstalled the western Europe maps on my go 620 wifi and now I cannot get the speed camera alerts to work. help please!

Best Answer

• filter_filfilter_fil Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Finally got it fixed!!
    I tried the number for the Spanish support but they could not help much because of the language problems. they gave me the uk number which was incorrect.
    I found the uk number on google and rang them.
    I spoke to someone there who was very patient and helpful. after about 45 min on the phone he managed to send the camera alerts to my tomtom and after that the camera alerts worked.
    Thank you to all who gave me suggestions and help on here.

Phil

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,113
    Superusers
    edited February 2019
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds
    thanks I have tried that but I will try again and see if it helps
    hello all
    I still cannot get the speed camera alerts to work on my device
    I accidently deleted the wester Europe maps when trying to switch to the uk map.

I downloaded the Europe map and reinstalled it again with no problem.

However, I now cannot get the speed camera alerts to work. the go 620 was bought in Spain in May 2018 and they worked fine until I deleted the map in January.
    I have done the soft reset to the drum sound as was suggested but stil no alerts.

Help please

Phil
  • WhiteSapphireWhiteSapphire Posts: 39 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Just my surmise here, but I suspect that when the maps were deleted, the speed camera data would be automatically deleted at the same time, otherwise it would become an 'orphaned' file. Then, unless you have paid for the speed camera updates for the next twelve months (remember, you bought the device last year) your subscription will likely have elapsed, ergo, you can replace the deleted maps, but the camera data comes at an extra cost.

I'm sure 'VikramK' will be able to confirm, or disprove my surmise, and just maybe, if you still have some (un-elapsed) time on your camera data, it could be reinstated?

Hi WhiteSaphire
    Thanks for your reply. I think that you are probably right that the speed camera updates would have been deleted, but as the unit is still less than 1 year old then I assume that my camera alerts would still be in date.
    I just am unable to download them or find out who to contact to get them re-installed

Thanks
    Phil
    After accidentally deleting my European map and then re-installing I have lost my speed camera warnings.

How do I re-install the camera warnings? the Go620 wifi is less than 12 months old and the subscription should still be current
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,555 Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hi @filter_fil

I just had a look at your account and I don't see a device linked.

Could you send me the serial number of your GO 620 WiFi through a PM by clicking on
    this link

Thanks
    Vikram
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,555 Moderator
    Hi @filter_fill

Thanks for sending the serial number..

I have linked the device to your account.

I don't see any issues with the subscriptions so ideally the updates for speed cameras should be offered for download.

Could you do a factory reset and check for updates again. To avoid losing favorites please back up your device using MyDrive web, see user guide here

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi
    I am still having problems
    I have gone to settings and reset my tomtom to factory settings
    I had the warning that all data would be lost
    when the process was finished I still had my maps and my places etc
    how can I do a reset that will completely set it back to factory so I can reinstall my maps and speed camera warnings

Thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,567
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @filter_fil

When you do a Reset Device it does not interfere with the maps that are on the unit or the camera data that has been installed..

It deletes all the Data ie favourites (MyPlaces) also any POI and Route file that you have loaded as well as any settings you have input. In effect it is back to the position when you first took it out the box except any maps and updates are not effected.

If your unit is a GO620 as in the heading you can install a small world map like Venezuela which is only 29mb then you can delete the map you have on it and reinstall it or another map from Add a Map. You can also select Warnings and Sounds to read aloud, a Computer Voice and then set all the options to read out the camera warnings.

Doug
    Thanks DougLap
    I have installed the small map as suggested and deleted the wester Europe map then done a factory reset But when the device reboots the POI and favourites are still there.
    It seems like I am not doing the reset properly.
    Phil
    Superuser
    HI @filter_fil

Looks like you have done a Soft Reset which is holding down the ON/OFF button until you hear the drumroll sound..

If that has not cured your problem then a full Factory Reset is

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This means you will have to set the unit up again as you did out of the box as it will delete all your data, ie.our favourites(MyPlaces) , Loaded POI and Route files and settings. Your Favourites ,Poi and Route files if any should be visible in your account in MyDrive at.

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb

When you do the reset these will be restored back to your unit when you are connected to Wifi again and pt your account details etc into the GO620.

Doug
  • ErkkiOH2EHErkkiOH2EH Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Hello,
    I also have had this problem with my GO520 and we have gone through this problem with Vikram recently.
    The speed camera now works, but only when the navigator is connected to my iPhone's WIFI-router. Earlier the cameras we downloaded in the GO520.
    I have also tried to send e-mails to your customer service with no response.
    I still cannot get the speed camera alerts to work I have done a full reset deleted all of my POI's on the computer my drive. deleted and reloaded the Western Europe map
    when I check on the Settings/Help/about It states that speed camera updates are activated and that I automatically receive updates and that I do have a subscription

In sounds and Warnings

Warning type is ……...sounds

Speed cameras & hazards...………..switch is on (blue)

All hazards are set to always

But I still don't have any camera warning

Please help I had a fine recently and the only way I can see is buy another machine
    which seems ridiculous.
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @filter_fil

If you have Serena or Malcom, which you downloaded recently, set as your Voice can I suggest that you go into Sounds and Warnings in settings and change the Warning from Sounds to Read aloud.

Then make sure you have selected all the options below. You can change some you don't want later but lets see if we can get it working.

I assume that you are getting all your directions as usual and do you see the Cameras displayed on the screen..

Doug
    Hi Douglap
    Yes I do have Serena voice selected and I have tried using "read aloud selected but it is still the same.

I am getting all my directions as normal but I don't see any camera icons on the screen.

Since the problem started when it updates it only updates maps and community updates never speed cameras

Phil

Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @filter_fil

When you have your unit connected to your phone via Bluetooth and out of range of your Wifi .when you go into Bluetooth settings and Tap the paired phone do you have the option Data for Traffic selected and does it say connected. Have you got the My Drive app open as well.

Also are the Cloud ,Bluetooth and Traffic Icons top right if you tap menu bold.

Doug
    Hi
    I don't have the Bluetooth connected on my phone and I never have nor the WIFI.
    the camera alerts used to work without them turned on my data on the phone Is very limited here in Spain an the battery life with Bluetooth turned on is very quickly exhausted.
    I will of course try that to see if that is the cause but as I said it did work fine without them.

I will turn them on and let you know.

Thanks
    Phil
    Superuser
    Hi @filter_fil

In view of your comment that you do not get camera updates only map and MapShare then I think you need to talk to Customer Support and see if they have something wrong with the settings at their end.. Make sure they have your accounts correctly set for cameras etc.

España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30

Doug
    Ok thanks for your help
    Phil
    Accepted Answer
    Finally got it fixed!!
    I tried the number for the Spanish support but they could not help much because of the language problems. they gave me the uk number which was incorrect.
    I found the uk number on google and rang them.
    I spoke to someone there who was very patient and helpful. after about 45 min on the phone he managed to send the camera alerts to my tomtom and after that the camera alerts worked.
    Thank you to all who gave me suggestions and help on here.

Phil