Update says not enough memory to update — TomTom Community

Update says not enough memory to update

I received the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO). email from TomTom. I tried to upadte. It talkes me all the way through then tells me taht i don't have enoung memory in my device of on the SD card. This is rubbish. I updated the SD card with a 16 Gig card and I still get the same message. A complete waste of my time.

Answers

• FiferFifer Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    is it possible to use a 64 Gig micro sd card in my Go620?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    edited June 9
    HI @Fifer

No. Maximum size is 32gb.

Doug
    Thank you DougLap
    on my old go 920 I was asked f I wanted to use internal memory or sd card, does this still apply to my new GO 620
    also can someone confirm that it is best to delete maps not in use and simply re install a newer version when needed ( space saving I'd think)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    HI @Fifer

It is possible to get a number of maps on your GO620. There is 16gb of internal memory which will have to operating software plus any number of maps that will fit. If however you want the European map and the USA they are too large to both fit on the internal memory. So if you are likely to need. a map which will mean requiring the extra memory then to have the memory always ready then it is a simple operation.

The GO6200 like all Tomtom units requires a valid map on it to be able to start properly. If you have 2 or more maps on the unit then you have the option to delete a map or maps until you only have one left. I would always recommend however that you always have a minimum of 2 maps on the unit at any time. The reason is simply that if you are updating one of the maps and you have a problem which can result in you losing the map by having the second map you will be able to start the unit and reinstall the map that failed. I have the Venezuela map on my unit as it only takes up 29mb of space so has little effect on the available memory space.

If you fit a 32gb memory card you will be able to load a significant number of maps but the downside to this is if you leave them there for a long time they will be out of date. There is therefore an argument to maintain your main map or Maps with regular updates and any other maps are loaded when needed.

Doug
    Many thanks Doug, all I ever need ( at this point) Is North America and UK so I will keep both on board