Export a route from MyRoute to my TomTom Rider 400

Ian_Syphas1Ian_Syphas1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 13 in RIDER
When i export a route from MyRoute to my TomTom 400Rider it produces a Route and a Track.
Why does this happen and what is the difference?

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 170 [Exalted Navigator]
    MyRoute App does sent both a Route and a Track to the MyDrive Cloud.
    Also when you export to GPX MyRoute App saves both a Route and a Track in the GPX File,

TomTom gets both and will show both the Route and the Track.

I made a little program to (bulk) remove the Route info from GPX files.
    You can download it here: https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/keep-track
  • Ian_Syphas1Ian_Syphas1 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply!! Just one more question.... The time on MyRoute says 3hrs 45mins but TomTom says 5hrs?????
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    Because they’re different... Check your routing settings, add more waypoints on the route...
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 170 [Exalted Navigator]
    I just tested a view Routes in MRA Gold with TomTom map.
    After export to MyDrive as Track there is just a minimal time difference. (for example 4 minutes on 4 hours)

Changing Maps in MRA gives a big difference in time. (and small difference in the actual route)

Also when you export to MyDrive as Route an use different route preferences there is a big difference in time (and the actual route)
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    What you are seeing is expected., nothing strange...

1. Maps from different vendors may have differences and the routing calculations may also vary. The best is to design your route on the same map (vendor & version) as the device’s...
    2. A route doesn’t contain any instructor how you’ll get to your destination / waypoints. It’s only a list that contains waypoints. Anything else is calculated. Only a track describes the exact route as you see it in a route design software. Take a look at the topics here about routes vs tracks differences...