"Problem with the map/You cannot use this map on this device" error after update

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,499 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @techfertler

The map has been reactivated on your account.

Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • ta4braketa4brake Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello, I have the same problem. How to reactivate?
    Hi @ta4brake

Could you send me the serial number of the device through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • techfertlertechfertler Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @techfertler

The map has been reactivated on your account.

Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram

Thanks @VikramK
    This worked perfectly! thanks so much for your assistance.
  • GypsycatGypsycat Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Last week I received an email stating that I needed to update my TomTom GO 920, so I dug it out of the attic and updated it, as per provided instructions. After updating my device I got an error stating I cannot use my USA map that came with it. I received this device as a gift about 10 years ago and I have no idea where the original software is to restore it and I certainly don't have a backup image on my computer. Please help me out, because it worked years ago and I think your update must have corrupted it. Thank you.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,588 Superuser
    Hi @Gypsycat

Lets see if @VikramK can sort your map out. Keep an eye out here.

Doug
    Hi Gypsycat

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated the map for your device.

Remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    edited June 13
    Hi @VikramK, thank you very much for your help; however, when I deleted my old map and ran the update again, it installed the Western Europe map instead of North America. I live in the USA, which is the original map set that came with my device. I've never been to Europe (although I'd love to visit sometime!), so unfortunately, this didn't resolve my problem. Is there any way you can reactivate the North America map for me? Thank you.
    Hi @Gypsycat

Wheres you sense of adventure..I

am sure @VikramK will be back to sort you out. Is there an area of the USA you need in case he cannot give you the whole of USA?

Doug
    edited June 13
    Hi @DougLap! As far as I know there were only a couple of TomTom map sets that covered the USA. One was USA and Canada and the other was North America, which covered USA, Canada and Mexico. All of those map sets always included the entire continental USA (i.e., I've never seen a TomTom USA Map that was segmented into regions?). Thanks for helping me. 😃
  • JLTT620JLTT620 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I received an email to ask me to update the software on my old Tomtom one due to WNRO. Although I have updated to a Tomtom Go 620 sometime ago and no longer use the Tomtom One, I thought I'll update it anyway in case I may need to use it as a backup. However, after the update, I got this message: 'You cannot use this map on this device: Australia 137'. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem please? The unit seemed to be working ok before the update.
  • drtorrontegidrtorrontegi Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 17
    Dear all,

For first time i have connected my TomTom XXL to the laptop and execute the update but i have and error during the update and after disconnect the device from the laptop i can't use my map :angry:

Issue with the map

pf7lso1h3zjk.jpeg

Regards
    Hi @drtorrontegi

Lets see if @VikramK can reactivate your map tomorrow.

Doug
  • xl340xl340 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    xl340 wrote: »
    I'm getting Malformed error also. Please reactivate my map. Thanks!

Hi Vikram, I’m bumping this up so hopefully you see it and reactivate my map.

Thanks!
  • roelofsenroelofsen Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Yes Vikram, I still have not been able to download the right map for my navigation system. Can you reactivate my map, please.
    Thanks
    Nico
    Hi @xl340

You already have the US Canada map active for your device.

If you get the same error then just remove the existing map and install a fresh version.

@roelofsen

Which right map are you looking for?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @drtorrontegi

Welcome to the community!

Map has been reactivated. Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Hi JLTT620

Could you send me the serial number of your ONE device through a private message please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you @VikramK! My TomTom USA map is back up and running again! 😁
    @DougLap, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction! 😃
  • Karl_ZKarl_Z Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    It looks like something must have finally been fixed on the server side, as my HOME finally stopped giving the "malformed XML" error and presented me with the map update for my XL. Downloading now...
  • roelofsenroelofsen Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Vikram, there is currently no USA-Canada map on my device that I can use.
    I just removed the map again and installed a fresh version, but I get the same answer:
    not able to use this map on this navigation system USA_Canada 101184.
    What can we do?
  • NasreldeinNasreldein Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 14
    Hi
    I have a problem with my Tom Tom XXL that telling me (problem with map )
    "You can not use this map on this device: western _Europe -665"
    My Tom Tom XXL tel last night working good
    I connected with Tom Tom home and I was update to last version but nothing change still shows that message what I can
    j4do19bwm2bi.jpg
    jo5hb2sbeueh.jpg