GO Mobile (iOS): URL Scheme support

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
I know that it's been asked for before, but will you please add URL Scheme support to iOS GO Mobile?

URL Scheme support is so useful to not only allow other apps to launch iOS GO Mobile but to also to send an email to somebody with GO Mobile on their iPhone or Android to say meet me here at this place, just click on the link and your GO Mobile app will navigate there for you.

The following URL Scheme launches the old iOS TomTom app and gets it to navigate to a location which it names as “Disneyland Paris” which also becomes a named location of “Disneyland Paris” in the recent destinations.

com.tomtom.Europe://geo:action=navigateto&lat=48.86870&long=2.78181&name=Disneyland%20Paris

Regards,

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 3,976 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Privateer UK,

Sorry about the delay in response!

GO Mobile is based on the new NavKit software and therefore doesn't support the old TomTom HOME links (URL Scheme). I'll forward this as a feature request of Go Mobile App to the product team .

Thanks,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi lampard,

I know that GO Mobile doesn't support the old TomTom HOME links (URL Scheme), I was using it as an example of how the old iOS TomTom (Europe) app worked.

A lot of general apps use URL Scheme as do a lot of other SatNav apps. The full support of URL Scheme in GO Mobile (iOS) where I can send a colleague an email with a link/URL scheme for the destination (with description that appears in the Recent Destinations) would be so useful.

This is a necessary feature for GO Mobile (iOS) please ask the product team to implement it as soon as possible but definitely before the September 2017 deadline! :D

Many thanks,
  • ajhardajhard Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This is a massive gap in terms of functionality - URL schemes are one of the most convenient ways of interacting with an app and automating some of the heavy lifting. It's a huge disappointment that it's been dropped. Please get them added ASAP.
  • 27oakley27oakley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear Tomtom,
    You must know that many people save their destinations using URLs. As well as using URLs for all the things talked about above.
    By not supporting a URL scheme you're going to alienate loads of once faithful users.
    Please consider a URL scheme; I've been using your satnavs for years, but I'm probably switching to something else if this isn't fixed by the time you switch off the old Tomtom app (september?)

Thanks
  • PentabytePentabyte Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hey guys, any news? Would this URL-schema please be implemented in some reasonable time soon?
  • PentabytePentabyte Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I bought TomTom shares a few years ago because I believed in the excellent products. Providing an URL schema is the most simple way of connecting your app to the outside world. Websites and other apps could make use of it and that would encourage everybody to keep using TomTom. It's NOT a feature - providing some kind of compatibility is a MUST. And there would be quite a few more ways that that - as far as I know none of these is implemented. And I am repeating myself and every other post on this page: implementing URL schemas is dead simple!!!!
    iOS GO Mobile was released 18 months ago. At that point a lot of people told TomTom (through this forum) what problems there were and what features were wanted and of course URL scheme support was requested.

Based on the lack of development of iOS GO Mobile I would suggest that URL scheme support is unimportant to TomTom and it's extremely unlikely that this feature (or any others) will ever be seen on iOS GO Mobile.

Regards,
  • jaydiscjaydisc Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    URL support please!!! AT LEAST a share extension so that we can share locations from other apps to TomTom!
  • DrMickeyLauerDrMickeyLauer Posts: 4 [New Traveler]
    Ok, so 2.0 is out… is an URL Scheme builtin or still not?
    Cheers, Mickey.
    Ok, so 2.0 is out… is an URL Scheme builtin or still not?
    Not heard anything ... we can still keep on mentioning it as TomTom may eventually decide that it is popular enough to add it. :)