Map is to big for my GO 40 (1GB) — TomTom Community

Map is to big for my GO 40 (1GB)

McshumiMcshumi Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited June 2019 in Map installation
There were not enough options to minimize the maps.
Fx maps without Building, or with reduced countries.

So therefore no update possible.

Is that the end of my device?
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Mcshumi

The Full Europe Map size is now 9.13GB & the MapZones exceeding the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

vft63esuy9vo.jpg
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,125 Moderator
    Hi @Mcshumi

Welcome to the community!

I have added a small map for your device.

UK and ROI

When you connect it to MyDrive Connect it will be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • McshumiMcshumi Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi VikramK.

Thank you very much. ALTHOUGH
    I am sure you did this in the best meaning, but you must know, that I live in Denmark.
    So a map for UK and Ireland does not do me any good.

I need maps for Central Europe, fx Germany, Benelux, Scandinavia ect.
    I don´t nedd Russia, UK.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Mcshumi
    The small Map can be for 'Anywhere' its only there as a keeper... see below
    When you install a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    You install the small Map onto the Devices on-board Memory
    You can then install whichever map you choose i.e... The full Europe Map or any of the Europe Mapzones onto the new memory Card
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

Full Post Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1651693/#Comment_1651693

ATB YFM