Add own POI's to TomTom Go Navigation on iOS

Booga275Booga275 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
Is this already possible? I know with the previous version (TTgo Mobile) it was not possible. Is it possible now on the "apple carplay-ready"-version?

Best Answers

Answers

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @Booga275,

Have you tried the third party app called POIViewer by FrenchKiss Development? It is a POI managing app and you can search for your own POIs (.ov2, .csv, etc) in it, then use it to launch TomTom GO Navigation to navigate to that POI.

For me, POIViewer makes TomTOm Go Mobile/NAvigation useable.

Regards,
  • Booga275Booga275 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @Booga275,

Have you tried the third party app called POIViewer by FrenchKiss Development? It is a POI managing app and you can search for your own POIs (.ov2, .csv, etc) in it, then use it to launch TomTom GO Navigation to navigate to that POI.

For me, POIViewer makes TomTOm Go Mobile/NAvigation useable.

Regards,

Not yet... I am going to look at it... thanks!
  • dahaussdahauss Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Does this app just read poi files and then navigate you to them?
  • Booga275Booga275 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I just installed the POIviewer and this is really the solution I am looking for... I use it to import certain selected Geocaches in an area, I select one and navigate to it via TomTomGo... works fine! thanks for helping me!
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 311 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @Booga275
    Booga275 wrote: »
    I just installed the POIviewer and this is really the solution I am looking for... I use it to import certain selected Geocaches in an area, I select one and navigate to it via TomTomGo... works fine! thanks for helping me!
    Glad that POIViewer worked for you. :)

All we need to do now is get TomTom to add URL Scheme support to TomTom GO Navigation iOS app so that the POI's name appears in the recent destination list.

Mind you, full custom POI support on TomTom GO Navigation iOS app (including showing POIs on screen) would also be useful! B)

Regards,