easyest way:
    ask a friend

difficult way - if you have an OTG capable smartphone
    and take a lot of time ....
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,236 Superusers
    edited May 9
    Hi
    @paulbarton556

You may have already have installed the update ???
    The latest update to fix the GPS Week Number Roll-Over for the NAV3 Via 135 devices has been available since...
    Version 12.075 Released on 26 July 2018
    See Link to earlier post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1642338/#Comment_1642338

ATB YFM
  • Daniel_ukDaniel_uk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am fairly frustrated right now, I currently have a Sony XNV-L77BT with a TomTom navigation unit, and this was affected by the GPS weekly rollover. I have been patiently waiting for a fix, and provided my email.
    Today I have checked my serial number and it's basically saying my unit will cease to function correctly and was offered a 30% discount on a new device...

This device cost £1000 , granted it is also a Sony Double DIN unit however a replacement is not an option, this unit is installed into my car and a I do not want to go back to sticking a device on my window.

Have I understood this correctly? Are TomTom washing their hands of this?
    edited May 13
    Hi
    @Daniel_uk
    'NO'
    NavKit Version 12.801
    Released on 2 May 2019 This update applies to...
    Sony XNV-660BT/XNV-770BT
    Sony XNV-L66BT/XNV-L77BT
    •Maintenance release.
    • This update prepares your navigation device for the week number rollover in April 2019 which has an impact on GPS.

See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

Looks like this NavKit fix update is applicable for your Sony XNV-L77BT with a TomTom navigation unit ???

ATB YFM
  • PhilGregPhilGreg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi I have a Start serial number beginning XD54 is there any update for this? It appears to be working other than time resetting to 0:00. Just connected it to Home and there were no updates other than the end of my subscriptions and gpsfix.

Still mad that every time i update it i have to delete my mapsettings.cfg file to stop the device from being a brick since TT decided it was end of life. Stopping support is one thing but deliberately rendering the device inoperable is another!
    Hi
    @PhilGreg

I'm not sure if this will help ??? Maybe worth a look....
    Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of tomtom Home... (Mabe usefull for End of Life TomtomDevices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall TomTom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe
    (3)… Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    (4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

ATB YFM
  • BugslayerBugslayer Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    My Tom Tom Rider 2nd Ed. is affected by the WNRO and can no longer navigate reliably. Tom Tom keeps claiming to be working on a fix, but it has been 2 months and I have heard NOTHING. I have gotten nowhere with Tom Tom "support."
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi lads,
    I have a Rider V5 serial K4xxxxxxxxx. with the resetting clock problem.

Just to add some information: be aware that the GPS receiver is working perfectly, and the device is getting the proper date and clock at a low level.

I've been using the app Minilog by Joghurts for ages, and it is still recording the proper nmea data and time traces from the GPS receiver. It only fails to assign the right name to the files (in the format nmea-YYYY-MM-DD.log), which is a minor issue.

If an external app is able to retrieve and manage the clock information without issues, the Tomtom OS is the only element to blame, and an update would be totally able to fix it.
  • CprdCprd Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. I have tried to sort out this WNRO a few times XL Classic, and when Home searches for the special update it reports errors about not finding .bmp files. Each time I try the update, the file name that is not found changes. Help please. Thanks.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,353 Superuser
    edited June 12
    HI @Cprd

Does looking at the following help confirm whether you are okay or not

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/updates/

Doug
    Hi Doug. Yes, I have been though that a couplE of times. It is when I get to step 4 and
    Sorry. I did not finish. In step 4 I get the message downloading. After about 3 minutes, I get the error messages as mentioned, but no list of software. The software loaded is version
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,353 Superuser
    Hi @Cprd

What software is loaded on your unit and how long ago did you last update it

Doug
  • ChoerbyChoerby Posts: 57 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi @All

(Sorry - if I post Information doube ... )

A lot of things happend in an german thread at this TomTom site:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1651537

resume:
    User @tiljes made an Work-around.
    :3
    zum Pfingstwochenende gibt es noch ein kleines Update zum Fix/Workaround für das TomTom Rider 2013 (funktioniert auch auf anderen TomToms mit GL1-Chip, bspw. ONE 3rd oder ONE XL, XL 2008, NICHT aber auf Urban Rider - für das gibt es einen anderen Patch. Stichwort Datei "glgps": Zu finden u.a. auf rima-lock.com)
    -> Fix work with TomTom Rider 2013, other devices with the GL1-Chip e.g. ONE 3rd oder ONE XL, XL 2008, but not the Urban Rider.
    For the urban Rider there is an glgps fix.
    Der neue Patch betrifft eigentlich nur Leute, die Joghurts "MiniLog" oder "Height" nutzen. Aber auch anderen sei geraten, besser auf die neue Version zu wechseln. Durch einen kleinen Fehler im Code kommt es bei der Aufzeichnung mit "MiniLog" oder "NMEALogger" in einigen Fällen zu fehlerhaften Daten, außerdem werden von MiniLog zu Beginn einer Tour Logfiles mit ungewöhnlichen Jahreszahlen erstellt. Auf die eigentliche Navigation sollte das alles aber keinen Einfluss haben, könnte aber bei kurzfristigem GPS-Signal-Verlust (Schluchten, Tunnel etc.) zu Verwirrungen führen.

you find both Workarounds at:
    http://www.rima-lock.com/tomtom-urban-rider-K3-WNRO-fix.htm
    (scoll down for the Rider 2013 Fix)

• MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    Joseps wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Just to add some information: be aware that the GPS receiver is working perfectly, and the device is getting the proper date and clock at a low level.

I've been using the app Minilog by Joghurts for ages, and it is still recording the proper nmea data and time traces from the GPS receiver. It only fails to assign the right name to the files (in the format nmea-YYYY-MM-DD.log), which is a minor issue.

If an external app is able to retrieve and manage the clock information without issues, the Tomtom OS is the only element to blame, and an update would be totally able to fix it.

Fix for the K4 (Rider V): http://www.rima-lock.com/tomtom-urban-rider-K3-WNRO-fix.htm#and_here_is_the_fix
  • Cor_TerlouwCor_Terlouw Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have a TomTom 2 Blue & Me Live version. I bought an update. It has to be installed with MyDrive. I put the latest version on my PC, I stuck my TomTom to the PC, but the last two weeks I tried to manage this, I get an error. We have problems using this programm. My TomTom says, something went wrong. I went for a smaller version of Europe to update, otherwise I need to get a navcore update. My TomTom says, something went wrong, check your computer for info. Does anyone have the solution ? TomTom can't be called, that's a shame. Why don't they have a telephonenumber you can call for problems. ?
  • MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    They do, just check their website.
  • pulcinellapulcinella Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi there. My Blue&Me TomTom Live2 device lost the GPS signal following the Number Rollover Week. I tried to update the Navcore via MyDrive Connect multiple times as recommended, but always get the error message on my TomTom 'Something went wrong'. The update downloads onto the computer, but then wouldn't install onto the device. I would be most grateful for any suggestions please.
  • JosepsJoseps Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    MrM wrote: »
    Joseps wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Fix for the K4 (Rider V): http://www.rima-lock.com/tomtom-urban-rider-K3-WNRO-fix.htm#and_here_is_the_fix

Thank you very much MrM,
    Sorry about the delayed response. I missed any warning from the site about your response.

Cheers!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,242 TomTom Moderator
    edited July 17
    Hello All

We have released version 9.501 for Rider K4. The firmware should now be available in TomTom HOME.

Whats new?

Fixes for the below:

# RIDER not showing the correct time and ETA post WNRO(6th April 2019)
    # Cannot record routes because of the clock reset issue.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • out_in_the_coldout_in_the_cold Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All

We have released version 9.501 for Rider K4. The firmware should now be available in TomTom HOME.

Whats new?

Fixes for the below:

# RIDER not showing the correct time and ETA post WNRO(6th April 2019)
    # Cannot record routes because of the clock reset issue.

Thanks
    Vikram :)

Hi, is there any news for the Rider 2 with the Sirf star 3 chip? My Rider worked in Bordeaux and Bergerac perfectly, failed completely in St Emilion, started working again in Arcachon. Works fine in Surrey, not Central London. Is this all down to the WNRO?
    Frustrating to say the least.
    All my bike kit is set up for the Rider 2 along with the mount for the car.
    edited July 23
    And on top of this, the newer versions of the Rider are not compatible with my Scala headset. Nice one!
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 218 [Exalted Navigator]
    If you're using MiniLog,
    Hi, is there any news for the Rider 2 with the Sirf star 3 chip?

Do you do the QuickGPSFix from TT-Home? Without up-to-date QuickGPSFix, the SiRFstar3 will not work after standby. In that case you must force full shutdown when turning it off.
    tiljes wrote: »
    If you're using MiniLog,
    Hi, is there any news for the Rider 2 with the Sirf star 3 chip?

Do you do the QuickGPSFix from TT-Home? Without up-to-date QuickGPSFix, the SiRFstar3 will not work after standby. In that case you must force full shutdown when turning it off.

Hi, I do, I try and log in every couple of weeks and update it.
    I've just had a reply from TomTom who have offered a 25% discount on the new model, but won't state if there will be a fix for this WNRO or if their new versions are future proof.

What is a Minilog?

Thanks