Map Share community map update not installing on MyDriveConnect — TomTom Community

Map Share community map update not installing on MyDriveConnect

dhallettsfcdhallettsfc Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited February 9 in Map installation
I am on My Drive Connect and have done some of the updates for my SatNav but there is still one more called Map Share community map update. I am clicking on the check box and the 'update selected' and nothing is happening. Have closed and reopened the app but no sign of anything happening. Thanks

Comments

• dustbindustbin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    my via 52 does not down load map share update. Has anybody found out how to do this.
  • robwynorobwyno Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yep. Same here. So annoying
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,215 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

We've seen that the MapShare download fails when update took too long to install or the update meant for a map which was previously installed on the device. In these cases, just disconnect the device from the computer, soft reset and reconnect to try again.

@dustbin I couldn't find any failed downloads in queue for your device, does the mapshare offered to you to download?

@robwyno Same question as above. Also, your map update service isn't active yet, please connect your device to MyDrive to do the same.

Thanks, lampard
  • dustbindustbin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi. Mapshare is offered, size 372Bytes, green tick in box. When I click on down load no response. have tried several times, does not down load.
  • ChufferChuffer Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I can't down load map share on my VIA 135
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,214 Superuser
    Hi @Chuffer

How much free memory is available on your Via 135?

Doug
    Hi @lampard You asked "does the mapshare offered to you to download?"

Screenshot attached
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,215 TomTom Moderator
    Hi robwyno,

Can you please try again and see what all updates are available for you to download in MyDrive? There should be the latest map 10.30 waiting for you.

Regards, lampard
    @lampard
    Yes I’m installing it now but it only instals after unchecking the other outstanding map share community update😟
    Hi @robwyno

It is generally recommended to download updates one at a time not to select it to do all in one go. Also to do a Soft Reset when you have finished. Ie with the unit on and working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. This restarts the unit and tidies everything up.

Doug
    10.30 successfully updated without any issues.
    Community map update however is still not updating 😩
  • bigbig Posts: 1,565 Superuser
    The community map update is probably obsolete anyhow since you just downloaded a new map which probably has those corrections applied already.
    Hi @robwyno

Try disconnecting your TT and doing the soft reset and then try again.

Doug
    @big Yes that’s true I suppose
    @DougLap - no difference