Maps are gone

BitjeBitje Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
During updating maps the internet connection broke down.
When I restart the navigation device I get the message "No maps available, select one.
I've I try so There is a message no maps found, you can buy one at tomtom.com/maps. But it is a device withe free lifetime maps.
How can I get a map again on the device ?

Answers

• BitjeBitje Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    There are no maps shown so I can't select a map. Device is connected to a computer but als nu USB option.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,810 Superuser
    Hi @Bitje

The GO Essential mentioned in your profile is a Wifi device so the first video I sent you is the one to watch. The unit should not be connected to the PC whilst you are doing what the video says.

Do you have the option to add a map as it says in the video.

Doug
    I can see four different screens.
    If you can tell me on which screen i have to activate what link to gat my maps beack i would be realy gretfull.

7jzyqroc2nz9.jpg
    brn0k2u3x6gm.jpg
    ofbpbj9l41jp.jpg
    nt7gqcrhvi9d.jpg

I would assume

Voeg een kaart toe

Is the add a map in the video

Doug
    you mean the button on the first screen ? When I click that button I get the second screen and there are no links available.

then, after a long time, i'll get the third screen, also withouh a link on it.
    On the third screen all available maps to download should be shown but there is nothing.
    Hi @Bitje

Have a look at all the video there is a another way towards the end which involves attaching it to the PC.

Have you tried that .

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,019 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Bitje

Welcome to the Community! I can see that the latest 10.30 Europe map is installed on your device yesterday so I assume the issue is resolved? Please let us know if it's not the case!

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!